Main Menu

Wanted - Corbin clamps for lower radiator hose

Started by Jay Bee, October 03, 2022, 09:00:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

Pictured are the last 2 clamps I have that would seem to be for my new lower rad hose. I bought the kit from Dale's Cuda Shop with the intent of replacing those typical hose clamps with these whenever a new hose was being put on. One is absolutely too small and I'm not 100% confident the larger will seal well enough. It does slip over the hose and does compress the rubber somewhat. I don't imagine there's one that falls in between these 2 sizes, or is there???

Basically I'd like to get a couple OEM ones or at least one of the larger ones. Does anyone have them? Shipping would be to Canada, L2P2T7

Thanks, John

anlauto

I also use 3M weather-strip adhesive on all the rubber hoses with those clamps...gives me an extra feeling of security, and "touch wood" I've never had any leaks since...
I agree John, the larger clamp you have pictured seems to be a tad too big, but I've used them before  :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Thanks for the info Alan. Would you have a source for the larger one?

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

I bought a whole wack of them in bulk years ago, but I'm all out now...sorry
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Floyd

@Jay Bee - I bought an unused older stock hose clamp from Bill Evans at Carlisle this summer.  He might be willing to measure it for you.  He had plenty and they were $2 each. 

http://www.evanswiring.com/contact.htm

Good luck

moparroy

The set I bought not sure where off hand... The lower rad hose was fine. Issue I have is the small block bypass hose. Unable to find that yet

Jay Bee

Thanks Bullitt, those 2 1/8 ones sound perfect. I'll have to see what shipping to Canada will be.

Thanks Floyd, I'll reach out to Bill.

Jay Bee

Quote from: moparroy on October 03, 2022, 04:18:47 PM
Issue I have is the small block bypass hose. Unable to find that yet

The link Bullitt posted has them, scroll down.

Jay Bee

I just found out (from Bill Evans) that there's identifier stampings on these. Mine are 30 & 34.

anlauto

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on October 06, 2022, 10:11:00 AM
Let me guess...you need a 32 ? :brainiac:
Bill doesn't think a "32" is available. I should have asked him if that was in reproduction or even back in the day from the factory, but it didn't occur to me at the time. He did say that the 34 is what's being used for lower rad hoses.