Main Menu

WTB: 70 E body drivers side BLACK A pillar trim

Started by Ricomondo, December 24, 2020, 09:01:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ricomondo

Hi All,

I'm in need of the drivers side A pillar trim for 70 E body in BLACK. Must be the 70 screw hole version and not the late 71 - 74 version as the location of the screw hole is different.

Must be minty mint! factory black, not re sprayed/re dyed and free of cracks, gouges, scratches, etc.
Mine is cracked width wise right through the mounting screw hole and not useable.
I know this item is reproduced, but trying to keep from having to buy a set when I just need one.

Please PM if you have one you're willing to part with.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

R/T's 4 R/P

I bought the 70 style set from Tony's Parts. They are excellent.
If you can't find one side, I'd recommend those.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Ricomondo

That's probably my next step as I'm having no luck.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

JH27N0B

Hey Ray, my T/As passenger side one broke, too tight a squeeze with my UR dash pad.  I found a used one at a swap meet last year but never got around to checking it to confirm it's right, or tried to install.  If you buy the pair from Tony's I might be interested in the passenger side one.

Yeya93

Just fyi, I as well had a broken A pillar passenger side. So I went ahead and purchased tony's a pillar set. Now I'm not too savvy on this, but according to tony, there were, i think two revisions made for these a pillars. So i guess the revision he chose to use is not entirely the same as the one I have. But here's the difference. Original is burnt orange. Black is tony's. Early style a pillars.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

68bee

Can you post a picture of the broken hole. It might still be repairable.

Ricomondo

@68bee  just checked, it's not though the screw hole, it's just above

@JH27N0B  I did order from Tony's the other day. Will use both new ones as I don't wanna have a mismatched set.

@Yeya93  - are you sure you specified the correct year screw hole location? As two different styles are offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

68bee

You can glue that back together with MEK. Dip a q tip in the MEK and lightly run it across both edges of the broken part you will see it starting to melt then hold them together for a few minutes and they should be good. You must do this quickly or it will dry and not stick.

Yeya93

@Ricomondo  yes i did. I know the holes on the picture are different height wise. But I didn't symmetrically place the two pillars together. I was just trying to focus on the grain. Are you going to sell your good conditioned trim?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

dmastr3665

anlauto

Quote from: dmastr3665 on December 31, 2020, 07:16:32 PM
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/427158521979868/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined    not sure if this is the right year or if its original but this guy has some parts for a good price.

All the metal trim in that guys picture is for a Challenger not a Barracuda, so he might have some nice parts, but he has no clue of what he has  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration