Main Menu

WTB: Armrest door clips

Started by Wayne, February 06, 2023, 07:05:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Wayne

I am looking for 4 of the clips that locate the armrest to the door.  There are 2 in each door.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   :bigthumb:

Attached is picture for reference.

Thank you, Wayne
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

cudabin

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

@Wayne I found one in my clips drawer if you're interested.

anlauto

You have a "clips drawer" ...nice  :1place:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Wayne

I bought those before I had a close look at what I needed....sent them an email and didn't hear back from them   :(

Quote from: cudabin on February 08, 2023, 08:03:50 AM
Van's Auto appears to have them for $10 a pair.

https://vansauto.com/product/65-74-body-b-body-c-body-e-body-armrest-retaining-clips/

Quote from: Jay Bee on February 10, 2023, 12:36:39 PM
@Wayne I found one in my clips drawer if you're interested.

I sure am.  I need two at least but will take one if thats what you have  WIll send you a pm
Thanks sir! :bigthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: Wayne on February 11, 2023, 11:14:36 AM
I bought those before I had a close look at what I needed....sent them an email and didn't hear back from them   :(

Just looking at their ad, it could clarified more, but it's not wrong. It doesn't have "Challenger listed, or E Body listed, but it does say "Barracuda" which is not wrong because the 1969 and earlier Barracudas use that style clip :brainiac: :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

Found in my clips drawer......

RJChallenger

@Wayne  I have a spare set of 70 challenger door shells ,that I will need to use one day.  I'll strip the 4 clips from them , So you can mount your door panels and pull cups .I can always try to replace them later. Moparfest is a good place to look.  Pm me if you like.

69BFan

Is this basically a #14 spring nut / J or U-nut?  I looked in MMC Fastener Guide and could not find them called out, found the screw, but no clip.  I need to dig up an original as I am sure that we can source a suitable replacement.  If someone has an original and does not mind taking and posting some measurements, that would be great.  Thanks for the knowledge.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I bought some from AMK that will work, but they look nothing like the originals  :alan2cents:

cudabin

Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2023, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: Wayne on February 11, 2023, 11:14:36 AM

Just looking at their ad, it could clarified more, but it's not wrong. It doesn't have "Challenger listed, or E Body listed, but it does say "Barracuda" which is not wrong because the 1969 and earlier Barracudas use that style clip :brainiac: :alan2cents:

After you mentioned they were not for e bodies, I re-read the description and I agree it appears to be accurate. I guess what fooled me was the fact that the Van's website link to the item itself has "e body" in the body of it..... https://vansauto.com/product/65-74-body-b-body-c-body-e-body-armrest-retaining-clips/
Modify message

RJChallenger

@Wayne . Just watched your video on the red door panels. Great video and  very nice car. If I had known the 4 door clips were going such a nice car I would have cleaned them up before mailing them out. Hopefully you receive the clips by the end of the next week. 

Wayne

Quote from: RJChallenger on February 19, 2023, 06:11:35 AM
@Wayne . Just watched your video on the red door panels. Great video and  very nice car. If I had known the 4 door clips were going such a nice car I would have cleaned them up before mailing them out. Hopefully you receive the clips by the end of the next week. 

Thanks I appreciate it the comments.

This has been a huge help!  Not in a big rush for them so that will work out perfect. 

cudabin

Anybody who wants a replacement clip that will work request Papco 910-1495 at your local parts store (package of three clips - not sure if sold individually). It is not as wide as the original clip (so appearance is off) but it will secure into the correct location (depth/length wise) to accept the original #14 metal screw.