Main Menu

WTB E Body (Chall/Cuda) 1970-74 Reference Manual. Guide to Fastener David Wise

Started by Bossgold, May 04, 2020, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2020, 11:58:27 AM
I don't remember buying mine, I think it was a pirated copy that a customer gave me  :thinking:

Not sure I'd mention that on a public forum, especially with the author being a member on here.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: headejm on May 06, 2020, 03:50:07 PM
I don't remember buying mine, I think it was a pirated copy that a customer gave me  :thinking:

Not sure I'd mention that on a public forum, especially with the author being a member on here.  :alan2cents:

What's it matter if somebody gave me their copy ? :huh: Because I didn't pay for it ? :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

SpeedD408

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 06, 2020, 08:25:18 AM
Wonder if it is quick shipping.

Quote from: SpeedD408 on May 06, 2020, 08:18:18 AM
Thanks for the link.  I just order a copy.

We shall see.  They were quick to post get a USPS tracking number and send that out.  So I am hopeful.
1971 Cuda - 383, Rallye Red, Rallye Cluster, Disc Brakes, Rear Defogger, A/C, Road Lamps, AM/FM Radio
Tag #1- N1B FE5 H6XW V1W A01 A62 B51 C16 C55 G11 G36 H31 H51 J25 J45 J54 L25 L31 L34 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
Tag #2- N42 N85 R35 26

Mrbill426

They mention on their site that the fastener book also covers general assembly; I wonder if that part is copied from the Mopar factory manuals or built from scratch?  I ask only because for instance the factory Body Manual I have can be pretty vague on written instruction; it actually reminds me of assembly instructions you get from things made in China... written in broken english and omitting steps :huh:  If they wrote it from scratch from a restorer's perspective it's got to be way better :bigthumb:
Is it?

:wrenching:

headejm

The manual is very good and I used mine throughout the restoration process. It does not include detailed assembly instructions though. Great reference photos and detailed descriptions of the fasteners used. The "general assembly" comment is truly general. The Chrysler service manual (located on this site under Resources) should be used for detailed assembly instructions.

anlauto

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 07, 2020, 08:37:52 AM
They mention on their site that the fastener book also covers general assembly; I wonder if that part is copied from the Mopar factory manuals or built from scratch?  I ask only because for instance the factory Body Manual I have can be pretty vague on written instruction; it actually reminds me of assembly instructions you get from things made in China... written in broken english and omitting steps :huh:  If they wrote it from scratch from a restorer's perspective it's got to be way better :bigthumb:
Is it?

If you're asking me ? The one I have is just nuts and bolts, nothing to do with assembly like the newer versions..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

Sorry, yes since you said you had one.  I was going off the website where it says "E Body (Challenger and Barracuda) 1970-74 Reference Manual. Guide to Fasteners and General Assembly (FMEX)"  I was referring to "General Assembly".

Thanks!

Quote from: anlauto on May 07, 2020, 10:48:33 AM
Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 07, 2020, 08:37:52 AM
Is it?

If you're asking me ? The one I have is just nuts and bolts, nothing to do with assembly like the newer versions..

SpeedD408

Got it.  So it took a total of about 3 days to get.  So that was nice and fast in my opinion.

I'm going to have questions though so I will start a thread on that in the appropriate place.
1971 Cuda - 383, Rallye Red, Rallye Cluster, Disc Brakes, Rear Defogger, A/C, Road Lamps, AM/FM Radio
Tag #1- N1B FE5 H6XW V1W A01 A62 B51 C16 C55 G11 G36 H31 H51 J25 J45 J54 L25 L31 L34 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
Tag #2- N42 N85 R35 26

Mrbill426

Anxious to hear and maybe see how it looks  :popcorn:

Quote from: SpeedD408 on May 09, 2020, 02:32:02 PM
Got it.  So it took a total of about 3 days to get.  So that was nice and fast in my opinion.

I'm going to have questions though so I will start a thread on that in the appropriate place.

ec_co

got mine too, an absolute must have 100%. my only semi-complaint so far is intro page 7-5 is the B-bodies page, not the E-bodies page
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Mrbill426

Very much (E-body) assembly information as they mention in their catalog?

Quote from: ec_co on May 15, 2020, 11:34:29 AM
got mine too, an absolute must have 100%. my only semi-complaint so far is intro page 7-5 is the B-bodies page, not the E-bodies page

ec_co

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 15, 2020, 12:01:40 PM
Very much (E-body) assembly information as they mention in their catalog?

Quote from: ec_co on May 15, 2020, 11:34:29 AM

LOTS of great info and pictures to go with. not sure I could put it back together correctly without it and it will help me hunt down all the correct size nuts/bolts
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came