Main Menu

1970 T/A Pretty Pictures but NOT Good Reference Material

Started by ToxicWolf, March 22, 2018, 07:23:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

I'm no expert and I don't know how accurate this is, but there are a lot of pics here.  The car has been sold so I don't know how long this will stay up.

http://www.transamflorida.com/1970challengerTA340.htm

anlauto

I believe the car belonged to Iggy Alonso ?
Scrolling fast through the pictures I only counted six "glaring" mistakes, but otherwise a nice car  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That's the J-code I would order right there. Except I would cheap out and ditch the rallye wheels of course.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Nicely done car for sure, but some big mistake on the details if you are using that car as a standard to show accuracy.  I'll just list a few I see...

Grill painted wrong (should have two silver ribs showing)

Pinch welds below rockers should be blacked out

Wheel wells (front) should have under coating

Mufflers should be black

Front Fenders should have studs on the back mounts and not bolts (2 or 3 is normal)

Belts on engine are wrong style

Grommet on valve cover should be painted

Dash VIN is missing screened logo

"A" arms should be cosmoline

Ink stamp numbers on trans are way off for the font

Something looks off too about the VIN stamped on the Trans.  Would have to see a better photo to say for sure.  But once I find a fake stamped VIN I pretty much start to question all the other things on the car.  If it was a re-stamped VIN on the trans, I would look at that really clean and near perfect fender tag closely too.   :alan2cents:

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2018, 07:31:13 PM
I believe the car belonged to Iggy Alonso ?
Scrolling fast through the pictures I only counted six "glaring" mistakes, but otherwise a nice car  :drooling:

Don't use that as a reference resto.

Look for pictures of Troy Bray's FT6 4spd T/A that was a 30K mile so cal car BEFORE he restored it himself..

He has tons of pre resto documented pictures to replicate how that car was delivered. All marks, daubs, numbers, undercoating patterns etc, were documented, stenciled, measured, pictures and put back during resto. Steve in Massachusetts owns it now.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Brads70

" flaws and all" its a beautiful looking ride!  :inlove:  :drooling: