Main Menu

A93 Coupe & Deputy Interior L6X9 & L6XW

Started by cataclysm80, April 26, 2020, 12:47:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Did you happen to scan the build sheet into the data base here? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

198D13

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 27, 2020, 06:53:14 PM
My 71 A93 has the metal plugs. 

Thanks for the info.

Here is the fender tag info from my car:
Maybe you could post yours as well.

R11 EN2
EL5 C A93 B51 C55 M21
EL5 H6T7 000 B12 B44707
E24 D13 BH23 C1B 212535
I bought it from the original owner about twenty years ago, or more.

cuda hunter

Glad to post the info. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I find it interesting that my car was ordered with bucket seats.  Everything else is the basic.  Everything being M21 sill moldings and R11 am radio. 

The only thing I don't remember is what the U is for.  I understand U codes in the book are for tires sizes. 
Anyone have an answer about the U ? 

cuda hunter

@198D13
I see that your car also has the bucket seats. sill moldings and am radio.
Cool that someone added on Power brakes.

What I don't understand about your tag, is the C.     Can anyone explain what the C is? 

Both your car and mine have a single letter code.  Very interesting. 
I have looked through all my tags for cars I have owned, ebodies.  None of them have a single letter code.

6bblgt

the "U" is build to USA spec's
bucket seats are STANDARD as is the 225, 3-speed manual  transmission and M21 "drip trough mouldings" - the only OPTION covered by the fender tag is R11, the AM radio

cuda hunter

Just a few specific coupe option pictures. 
rear quarter windows

I am looking for pics of the stainless plugs.
Also will take a pic of the original seats from the car. 

6bblgt

where
1969-'70 cars have: Y05, Y07, Y09 for USA, CANADA, EXPORT spec. builds
1971 & up cars have: U, C, I for USA, CANADA, INTERNATIONAL spec. builds

198D13

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 03, 2022, 09:40:06 AM
@198D13
I see that your car also has the bucket seats. sill moldings and am radio.
Cool that someone added on Power brakes.

What I don't understand about your tag, is the C.     Can anyone explain what the C is? 

Both your car and mine have a single letter code.  Very interesting. 
I have looked through all my tags for cars I have owned, ebodies.  None of them have a single letter code.

"

The "C" is for Canada.
You shouldn't find it interesting that your car was ordered with bucket seats, it HAD to be, you can't and won't find a car with manual transmission and a bench seat. Not an E Body anyways. Manual transmission means that automatically(bad pun), the car gets bucket seats.

198D13

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 03, 2022, 09:33:51 AM
I find it interesting that my car was ordered with bucket seats.  Everything else is the basic.  Everything being M21 sill moldings and R11 am radio. 

The only thing I don't remember is what the U is for.  I understand U codes in the book are for tires sizes. 
Anyone have an answer about the U ?

Do you have a broadcast sheet for your car? I can post a picture of the one from my car, that may help you with some questions, etc, that you might have, Also, I can post pictures of any part of it if you want.
Let me know.

cuda hunter

Mine did not come with a build sheet.  I would love to dissect your build sheet! 

Thanks yal, @198D13  and @6bblgt for the information.

I had not considered that a manual could not have a bench seat. 
Seems I have seen B bodies with bench seat manuals. 
Did anything come with a bench seat manual in the mopar lines?

198D13

Lots of B Bodies, Satellites, Road Runners, GTX, etc.
They are pretty common. The placement of the transmission on them, with the huge shifter coming out of the floor, is much closer to the dash pad than on an E Body.
You would have to cut out a big chunk in the bench seat on an E Body to make it work!

6bblgt

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 03, 2022, 10:56:44 AM
Did anything come with a bench seat manual in the mopar lines?

prior to 1969, Chrysler's product planning did not have OPTIONAL bucket seats for low & mid-level cars - they were STANDARD on high-end cars
for example:
1968 Road Runners & Super Bees are ALL bench seat cars - with floor shifted 4-speed manuals & column shift automatics, PERIOD
   1968 GTX & Coronet R/T are ALL bucket seat cars - it didn't matter which transmission, a console was OPTIONAL
1964 Furys are ALL bench seat cars - it didn't matter which transmission, but all automatics were on the column
   1964 Sport Furys are ALL bucket seat cars - it didn't matter which transmission, a console was STANDARD
etc.

the new for 1970 model year pony cars Barracuda & Challenger were designed with bucket seats STANDARD
  there was an OPTIONAL (at extra cost) bench seat available 1970-'71, but was only available with column shift automatic transmission

198D13

cuda hunter

Seats