Main Menu

Concept Cuda Photo?

Started by PLY474, September 13, 2019, 06:10:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

PLY474

I saw this photo in a book I picked up at the library, The Complete Book of Dodge and Plymouth Muscle - Mike Mueller.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  Notice the mix of parts; concept shaker, non-production bumperettes, 72-74 grill, taped on side marker lights.  Does anyone have any information on it?  Is it a pre-production concept model?

RUNCHARGER

Lots of interesting stuff going on there.
Sheldon

Burdar

Never seen that picture before.  Model year changes are being worked on YEARS before they actually role out.

larry4406

Interesting. Wheel center is the 70-71 style.

ClarkWGrizwald

Looks like a true 71 next to it so id think circa 71?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

anlauto

I really doubt that is a factory concept car. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

screamindriver

Note the "chunks" out of the fender wheel well area..And another area in question where the front pan meet the fender..And lastly no real headlights..Considering the time frame of the pic  I'm betting it's a clay model for engineering purposes not a "concept" for show...Those were the norm back then...

Burdar

A concept/clay model/test mule...all just semantics.  It looks like the factory was experimenting with shaker scoop designs and was working on the new bumper laws that were scheduled to go into effect.  No one said it was done for an auto show.

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2019, 03:00:31 PM

Ummm did you read what it says under the picture? 

A lot going on there, I would guess a 73-74 concept as it had the large bumper guards, 72-4 grill but still has the 70-71 marker lights . . . interesting.
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 16, 2019, 08:23:17 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2019, 03:00:31 PM

Ummm did you read what it says under the picture? 

A lot going on there, I would guess a 73-74 concept as it had the large bumper guards, 72-4 grill but still has the 70-71 marker lights . . . interesting.

No I didn't read that first ...thanks :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration