Main Menu

Kframe finish

Started by cudamadd, July 02, 2023, 03:03:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

What would be the correct finish for a k- frame  ? Flat black ,satin or a gloss black thank you every one cheers  :australia:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

IMO not satin but not full gloss either. Maybe 60% gloss I would say.
Sheldon

anlauto

Discussing shades of black is like saying what colour blue is the sky...
I agree with Sheldon it's more gloss then flat so is that matte black ?? satin black ?? who knows :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

I power coated it semi black for durability.

pschlosser

Gloss black would be the closest to OEM factory, in my opinion.  Satin and flat finishes, including powder coating, will make road grime easier to stick to it.  But if its a show car not driven much, then soiling may not be a big concern.

Mrbill426

I went with Martin Senour Chassis Black and I think it turned out pretty good; not super glossy.

Skdmark

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 02, 2023, 07:28:26 AM
IMO not satin but not full gloss either. Maybe 60% gloss I would say.

Agreed.
Around 60% = semi-gloss.

Thers are no standardized definitions so there maybe some overlap in sheen levels from one manufacturer to another.
In desceding level of sheen typically.

Gloss
Semi-gloss
Satin
Eggshell
Flat / Matte

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

Ha. Alan I knew what you meant! Satan to me is almost like organisol. You'd think black would be black but it's like everything else these days, too many choices and it starts not to make any sense at all.
Sheldon

johnr

I did mine in gloss black in the efforts of easier to clean. Although, I use all PPG Deltron paints and I have an additive for the epoxy clearcoat (tough stuff) that allows unlimited control over the sheen.
--  johnr  --