Main Menu

Welding Helmet suggestions

Started by Jocigar, February 28, 2022, 08:10:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on February 28, 2022, 08:23:26 AM
I'm a big fan of my Miller helmet.   It's the digital elite in the "vintage roadster" finish.

Pricey little rascal , looks nice though. I guess it's like buying a helmet, what's your head worth?, or eyes in this case. 
https://www.amazon.ca/Miller-Roadster-Darkening-ClearLight-Technology/dp/B07895QHC5

Filthy Filbert

Shop elsewhere.   

Unless the US to Canadian dollar is that poor right now.  I think it's around $300 US.

moparroy

I have 3 autodarken helmets - one I bought long time ago and two I inherited from my step father who was a welder by trade.
One of the ones I got from him is a Miller Elite - hands down the best of the 3 - far best before arc visibility and adjustment. If I am doing fussy work I use the Miller. For quick jobs I have a cheaper one on the cart (one that does not use batteries).

Jocigar

I just started putting the miller elite roadster to use on plug welds, very happy with it  :twothumbsup:

Nel

Has a railroad welder I have tried many model and brands, best one I found is the miller titanium but expensive for hobbyists, so I would go with the Miller  Elite.

And if do go with Miller remember to put only Panasonic batteries (Miller OEM) in it, absolutely not energizer or Duracell, your helmet will start to act funny. Found out the hard way until in find a report from Miller on the subject

71GranCoupe

I have a speedglass helmet along with a HF Vulcan. I usually grab the HF unit as I have it fitted with a nice set of cheaters. Both are comparable for what I weld.

Nel

Has a railroad welder I have tried many model and brands, best one I found is the miller titanium but expensive for hobbyists, so I would go with the Miller  Elite.

And if do go with Miller remember to put only Panasonic batteries (Miller OEM) in it, absolutely not energizer or Duracell, your helmet will start to act funny. Found out the hard way until in find a report from Miller on the subject

GoMangoBoys

I am not a professional welder, but I teach the Welding Merit Badge for the Boy Scouts.  I have many helmets to be able to have lots of scouts and parents wearing helmets at the same time.  I  REALLY like the Lincoln Helmets with the 4C lens.  I find the clarity of the view that you get with this lens to be way better than the others that I have.
My newest one is the 3350 in the Daredevil graphic.  https://bakersgas.com/collections/lincoln-welding-helmets/products/lincoln-k3683-4

Also, I found that Baker Gas has really good pricing.  I have bought a couple of helmets and a tig torch from them this year.
I also have an older Lincoln helmet with a cool flame graphic that I like.  I retrofitted it with the same lens as in my Daredevil helmet.  I also retrofitted the Iron Man helmet that the scouts really like.  The lens went bad so I replaced it with the newer 4C lens.
The attached pictures are some of my students wearing these helmets.