Main Menu

1970 challenger R/T found build sheet

Started by Eric, February 07, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Eric

Hello -

I recently purchased a 1970 Challenger R/T and I found a build sheet, however it was incorrect for my car. I hope find the owner of the car should it still exist. The VIN is JS23N0B230704

Thanks - Eric

RUNCHARGER

You could send it to Barry Washington. He's good at reuniting documents with their cars.
Sheldon

Eric

6bblgt

can you post pics of the sheet?  was it in your car from the factory or was it in some random parts you own?

keep a pic of it art least, if it was in your car - it probably can tell when your car was "Actually Built" as your car & the sheet's car would've been close on the assembly line

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

cuda hunter

If it's sent the Barry the information is lost to all of us in the hobby.  Unless someone can prove to Barry that they own the car.

Information is LOST to all of us.......
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if he had a build sheet for one of my cars. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

fc7cuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 07, 2018, 09:23:04 PM

I know he posts a long list of sheets found and other info. regarding cars by VIN.  Are you referring to lost info. regarding the specific build options of that particular car?  :dunno:

cuda hunter

Well yes.  Everything on any build sheet is lost except the vin number so people can find their build sheets. Which I think is awesome and great.  I think Barry helps the hobby in some ways and I respect that.  I'm not trying to down talk Barry.
But,    Anything that gets sent to him is disappeared.  Unless you own the car.  Or your Barry.  Or his close friends whom get to go look at these items. 
  Again, not trying to knock Barry.  I just don't agree with the politics of keeping all information quiet and closed to hobbyists. 

I'm absolutely amazed by the amount of information some folks on here have.  I ask a question and they have lots of answers.  But those answers are incomplete as there are so many bits of information out there that are not available because of private collections under the guise of protection.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 07, 2018, 06:45:48 PM
You could send it to Barry Washington. He's good at reuniting documents with their cars.

Really?  No way, I will never give him anymore information, he's a black hole.  I talk to piles of customers with really cool ebodies and none of them have ever denied me their build sheet or fender tag information knowing it's goes directly to Dan (6bblgt) for the whole hobby to benefit from.  Dan is hands down one of the very best and knowledgeable guys in the hobby bar none, BW isn't even in the same class.

cuda hunter

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 08, 2018, 06:17:42 AM
Or his close friends whom get to go look at these items. 

It has come to my attention that I have offended Barry's "friends" who I mentioned above. 
I realize that this assuming remark I made was a total low blow and a snide remark that really was uncalled for.
I am totally in the wrong.  and I am offering my apologies to all of those who feel Offended by my including you in such a way.
My mistake.  My apologies.  I really try to not make an ass out of myself by saying stupid things like that.  And I am sincerely sorry.

I will make another thread to apologize to those who are Barry's friends as I would hate for them to miss this one apology on this little thread. 

cuda hunter

Ok, so Barry doesn't want me to start a new thread to apologize to all of his friends.   He said this would be the place to do so.

I apologize to all of you.  whoever you are.

anlauto

I wouldn't bother making a separate post, Barry can't have that many friends. :alan2cents:
If you've offended that one person is this thread, then that one person should be happy you apologized in this thread. Enough said... :-X
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Apparently since I mentioned my opinion about sending build sheets to Barry, a lot of his friends feel I was calling him out on this site and that is unfair because he isn't a member here.  And therefor can't "defend" himself here. 

We have had a lengthy email conversation.  About the policies he has always had.  I know his policies.  I wasn't asking questions.  I was stating fact.

I wasn't calling him out. 

I said, 

If it's sent the Barry the information is lost to all of us in the hobby.  Unless someone can prove to Barry that they own the car.

I stand by that.  Is that not the case?  Am I seeing this in a skewed vision? 

No offense to all of you who respect Barry for this. that's cool.  whatever.  I respect him for his service's as well.

BUT,  you all want to get on to me for MY opinion. 

Yal got another thing coming.........................

I'm sorry for the very "wrong" remark I made about his friends.       

But all that information is lost to all of us in this  "community".   in which I have apparently pissed in some wheaties. 

cuda hunter

Sorry I'm a little worked up. 

Your probably right Alan.  Thanks for the consoling words.   :banana:

back to looking for cuda's.

anlauto

A few years ago now I bought a real cool AAR Cuda project which I knew wouldn't be in any of the registries.... a quick Google search led me to the registry "TransamCuda" which was a tremendous amount of information.....but always wanting more, I was directed to Barry Washington as being the "go to" guy for AAR/TA information....

I sent him a message asking one simple question "How many FC7 with white interior AAR's were in his registry ?"

The answer I got from him was simply a link to his "cash donation page"  That speaks volumes to what you're saying here about the hoarding of information.....That was my last contact with him and will always be my last. I have no time for people like that.   :thumbdown:

I agree with HEMICUDA.... "Dan is hands down one of the very best and knowledgeable guys in the hobby bar none"
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration