Main Menu

1970 challenger R/T found build sheet

Started by Eric, February 07, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Dan is da man!!
A couple years ago I mentioned BW in a post on another forum he'd stopped posting on, and shortly afterward got an email from him saying his "sources" told him I'd mentioned him, and chewing me out.
I had flashbacks to when I was 6 or 7 when my buddy next door Bobby's older sister Barbara, was a big tattle tail and used to go tell my mom about everything me and Bobby did.  My mom eventually got fed up with Barbara and told her to go away!  :rofl:
I still roll my eyes when I think of that BW email, and of the little Barbaras out there in cyberspace monitoring for anyone mentioning him and tattle tailing, totally grade school level behavior and pathetic.  Grow up and get a life! :thumbdown:

Topcat

3 or 4 years ago, (or is it 5?) Barry was pro active and communicating on 2 or 3 Mopar websites.

Then one day he got Butt hurt with Ross at CC.com and closed his membership at  CC.com.
I heard runor it was over advertising fees. But I'll bever know what it actually was about.

He was living in Ketchikan, AK. right about then.

So then he moved to  PA. and I suppose he is still on Moparts; but I never go there.
So if that's where he wants to be....So be it!

And he claims to be the T/A/ AAR buildsheet guru?
So why can't he patch up things with Ross and become pro active here as well?   :dunno:

Bite your lip and reconcile and start a new leaf!  :alan2cents:
It's a new day!

If he claims he can help owners get their build sheet's for E bodies; there's no excuse not for him to be a member here.  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

I officially invited him to join here. 
Both because of his worth to this hobby and because I'm fine with him being able to talk back to me here.

I am member on moparts but have never posted anything there.  Too much drama going on.  But some great reading sometimes
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 25, 2018, 07:59:33 PM
I am member on moparts but have never posted anything there.  Too much drama going on.  But some great reading sometimes

Please let's try to keep the drama there and not here!  Back to the Mopars!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 25, 2018, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on February 25, 2018, 07:59:33 PM

Please let's try to keep the drama there and not here!  Back to the Mopars!   :clapping:

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I really enjoy it here. No drama, just love of E-bodies.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bluespruce

Haven't been here that long but I have tried to read all the posts. This site seems to be made up of really great people. Have looked over the other sites and the don't compare to this one.

cuda hunter

Yeah, I really love this site!

Thanks Cody !!!!  And thanks all of you that participate!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

BIGSHCLUNK

Wow that conversation went on and on. Never understood the BW vs CC thing.  But he was very heplful the last time I needed to know something. Back to MOPARS

1 Wild R/T

I like Barry & appreciate what he does for the hobby.... That said I think his reasoning for not making info available is any time you put info out for the people with good intentions unfortunately theres always those with bad intentions looking for ways to use that same info.... 

It's a tough situation, very few like the shady re-body & re-stamping stuff that has happened & continues to happen... Those that do for the most part are the ones who have profited from it....

But on the other side many want as much knowledge about the process as they can learn.... It's how most of us are wired...

25-30 years ago I knew a guy with a beautiful black 70 440-6 Roadrunner... It was missing the engine when he got it & while building he mentioned to his machine shop that he'd love to find the matching block...  And the shop told him they could stamp one up so no one could tell... From day one he admitted it was re-stamped, never tried to fool anyone.. A few years later he sold the car... Next owner was a flipper... Guess what? Of course now the car was advertised as #s matching...

So do those in the know teach the crooks how to make their fakes undetectable? Slippery slope....

I use to really try to learn/know this stuff but these days I find driving the cars is allot more fun...