Main Menu

1971 Barracuda Plum Crazy 318 auto Show Model Vin 00010 BC Canada Info Wanted

Started by CudaJack000010, June 24, 2018, 01:04:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

as I see it here's the problem with: "clone it, it will be worth more"

Yes, a HEMI/440+6 'cuda clone is worth more money than a 318 Barracuda, but how much money & time will it take to create that clone?

take a $25K 318 Barracuda put a hot small block in it if the 318 isn't enough
take a $25K 318 Barracuda & could you clone it properly for an additional $50K with a HEMI?
now what dollar spent is worth more?

everyone is amazed at the 6-figure auction prices for modern custom built Mopars (& others) - if the shop that built it didn't take it to auction, the owner is probably losing 10s of thousands of dollars on it.

IMO the money spent on "upgrades" to BH23G1B100011 won't help it in the long run

cuda hunter

:alan2cents: please don't clone it.   :alan2cents:

I'm no purist.  Hot rod most cars.  But not that one. 

Awesome car! :bradsthumb:  Well so far for the pictures :pokeeye:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

CudaJack000010

Already found a 340 and 4 spd conversion.... any one know what a 833 4spd completely rebuilt is worth$$. 23 spline???

69bronzeT5

The car deserves to stay original because of what it is. That was my plans for it when I was looking at buying it a few months back.

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

nsmall

I never say this but I'm leaning towards the stock side of the fence.  Did you get a great deal?  I would attempt to sell it as 71's bring in the money.  Maybe there is a project out there set up nicely for the clone of your dreams?

CudaJack000010

I think I got a great deal to own a piece of history for under 20k$$ Canadian.... what's that 10K US funds ......lol :banana: :banana: :wowzers

CudaJack000010

I believe B100011 is the sister car to mine except mine has dual horns

CudaJack000010

6bblgt

"C" = built to CANADA spec's
others are "U" = built to USA spec's & "I" built to International/Export spec's

EN2 = end of codes Assembly Line #2 VS. EN1 = end of codes Assembly Line #1
"1B" Hamtramck, MI assembly is the only plant that didn't use END for 1971

6bblgt

I think the CANADA spec. '71 Plymouth "dealer introductory show units" were built in multiples of 7 (so, there were probably 7 nearly identical FC7 318 coupe Barracudas probably with consecutive VINs)  they were spec'd by Plymouth & not specifically for a dealer, some were on display at a number of dealerships before being SOLD

here's a pic of the tags for 10, 11 & 12

the broadcast sheet code J32 is "mono horn" (STANDARD on A93 Barracudas) & both sheets from 1B100010 & 1B100011 show this

RzeroB

That's cool Dan ... it's like deja-vu all over again! Not only are the VINs sequential but so are the VONs which would validate your theory that they were ordered in a "batch" from the same order form book.  :popcorn:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

CudaJack000010

That is pretty cool thanks for info.... buddy painted the engine compartment and fender tag before I bought the car and I guess 00010 is a single horn car then..... someone put 2 horns on it now

bcbassfishing

Interesting thread.. I was looking at a build sheet many years ago at a friends house for Cuda #14, we had some interesting discussion about 1-9 being converts and I believe were all sent to Alberta for some promo thing.  I believe another low number barracuda was used in the tv show Viper and go shot up in the episode.  We're going back some years so little fuzzy on the details but seems like there were allot of early cars in B.C. and Alberta.