Main Menu

1970 Plum Crazy Challenger R/T SE 383 Magnum Auto - Any On Here ?

Started by 3.0CSL, April 25, 2019, 06:17:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

3.0CSL

Hi all, the R/T SE project that I am looking at appears to be missing it's fender  tag, but options that I can see are air con, electric windows and power disc brakes. It's sitting on what appear to be its original 14in rims, has R/T badges on the fenders and although it has had some custom paintwork many years ago, I am guessing that it never came with a white or black side stripe, or a Bumble bee rear stripe. It also had a black vinle roof.

Update - This car also has the stainless fender arch trims and power steering as well.

Interior seat trim is black vinle ? And with black carpets, which looks to be the original. It has 2 door mirrors, radio airial in the right fender, no hood pins, the glass appears to be tinted and it has the bumper over riders.

Fair few options on this car.

The block is orange, but not checked the numbers yet.

No idea if it has a build sheet hidden in the seats etc as yet, but if it hasn't, then is there any way to find out what options it originally had via the Vin number ?
Vin starts JS 29 NOB, which I know is Hamtramck MI.

Thanks.

xx88man

I'm pretty sure you'll need the fender tag or build sheet to figure out what options it had originally
Keep yer foot in it

750-h2

On an SE with black interior front bucket seats should be leather faced and all vinyl for the back seat. Check to see if it has all the SE trim as they are expensive and hard to find.

headejm

I own a JS29NOB car. Can you possibly post some pictures? Many of these cars were highly optioned and used as "show cars" for the dealerships to show all the options available. Your best bet is to look for a broadcast sheet or fender tag to know how it was built. Good luck!

1 Wild R/T

Tells us more about your CSL.......   The L makes it much more interesting.....

Oh, if you were to post some pictures we could probably help you with your R/T SE.....  And FWIW any SE whether R/T or not should either have leather seats or Cloth & Vinyl...

3.0CSL

Thanks for the replies.

The car also has power steering.

With the above options, could anyone tell me what the approx screen $ price of this car was in 1970 ?

Re it possibly being a dealer demo car, yes, I have wondered that too.

It doesn't appear to have had hood pins.

Air con is something that I personally don't like, or electric windows, but few 70 Challengers that I've so far seen for sale, seem to have these two options.

Re the seats, the front seats look ? to have their original covers fitted and they appear ?  to be vinle. I'm sure my Late Dads 70 Hemi Challenger had cloth / leather and I have read that the SE had leather with cloth inserts or full leather.
Re photos, on my next visit, we will be trying to get the tyres up, brakes freed off and get it out to get some photos, as ATM the car is hemmed in.

As for CSLs  ;)

3.0CSL

But seeing as you asked re the 3.0CSL, here it is, it's for sale, pm if Seriously interested. Will take a 60s / early  70s car as a partial trade.

1 Wild R/T

All the CSL's a special but if you have Sean Connery's well that's just a little more special....  Very Cool...   

3.0CSL

Can anyone tell me what extra pieces of exterior brightwork, etc etc the SE models were fitted with ?

headejm

Many basic questions can be answered by going to our "Resources" section. Lots of great information.

A63 is the standard SE trim option. Additional options could be door edge trim and rocker panel molding.

3.0CSL

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated,  but to a Brit, these option codes are So confusing !
So as sold new from the dealer, a 70 R/TSE had a belt moulding ( the 3 trim pieces that protect the middle of the rear 1/4, the doors and front wings ?

Front splash pan scoop moulding ?

Cowl molding ?

And what is a rear astrotone Painted Applique ?

And A01 light group, was not available on R/T cars ?

headejm

Quote from: 3.0CSL on April 29, 2019, 03:46:07 AM
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated,  but to a Brit, these option codes are So confusing !
So as sold new from the dealer, a 70 R/TSE had a belt moulding ( the 3 trim pieces that protect the middle of the rear 1/4, the doors and front wings ?

Front splash pan scoop moulding ?

Cowl molding ?

And what is a rear astrotone Painted Applique ?

And A01 light group, was not available on R/T cars ?

Belt moldings are four pieces (two pieces per side) that go on top of the door (where your arm would rest with the windows down) and on top of the quarter panel by the quarter windows.

Front splash pan scoop molding - see first photo.

Cowl moldings are three pieces that go along the edge of the hood (closest to the windshield) and edge of the fenders.

Rear astrotone painted applique (strange wording) - see second photo.

A01 light group - not sure if it was available on strictly R/T cars. My car is a R/T SE and has the A01 group as an option.

FYI - A63 group is standard on SE or R/T SE cars, it is not an option and doesn't show up on my fender tag or broadcast sheet. Assume it is an option for R/T and basic models.

wldgtx

Mine has some great options (IMO).
PS PB
Factory Air
Factory Speed Control (Cruise Control)
Luggage Rack

It also has many other options, but those stand out to me. 

Mine also has A01 package
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

headejm

As stated previously, a lot of these R/T SE cars were dealer demo cars, showing off the various options available. Mine is very similar to yours...luggage rack, AM 8-Track, PB, PS, AC, door edge moldings, 15" Rallye wheels, A01.

Would be cool to have cruise control!

3.0CSL

Vin of this one starts JS29NOB 259...
Guessing that it's a late built 70 model ?