Main Menu

Anybody here with a 1970 vehicle-ORDER-# in the "0829xx" to "0830xx"-range?

Started by TobiasM, July 25, 2017, 08:32:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

Based on the broadcast sheet I found under the backseat, the VON on my 70 Challenger is 106016211.  Not sure if this helps you any, but if you want more info, just ask.

TobiasM

Thanks, Dakota, for trying to help me.

But your given number "106016211" looks to me like consiting of two codes: the first 3 digits "106" are the schedule production date (SPD) decoding to January 6th.

The following latter six digits "016211" finally form the vehicle order number (VON).

Unfortunately your VON "016211" isn't in the range that is of interest/help to me.

But again: appreciate your effort!

cataclysm80

Morty426

Do you have a region of the US that you think your car is from?

Bpret

I have to ask. Is there a way to determine from a von what dealership your car came from? I have a build sheet for my car but very little prior owner information.

6bblgt

the easy answer is NO, but it's on the radar of a couple of the "number geeks" - there are many variables

- in the future, maybe if your car a Y14 "SOLD CAR"?

a little discussion on this point in the "ACTUAL VS. Scheduled Production Date" thread .....
https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

Bpret

TobiasM

Quote from: Morty426 on April 03, 2018, 01:53:05 AM

@Morty426  sorry for my delayed response to you! :Thud:

Yes, I am pretty sure it is from the north-eastern part of the USA and my stomach tells me that within that "New England"-region it might be from the State of Maine.

Morty426

Quote from: TobiasM on August 03, 2018, 08:07:54 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on April 03, 2018, 01:53:05 AM

@Morty426  sorry for my delayed response to you! :Thud:

Yes, I am pretty sure it is from the north-eastern part of the USA and my stomach tells me that within that "New England"-region it might be from the State of Maine.

I checked my Challengers and all the Challengers that I parted out but no luck

7E-Bodies

@TobiasM I have a 70 Challenger RT with VON 002082, sorry if that doesn't help.  Mine is also a Cleveland Ohio find, and documentation shows it as having been there back to 1976 at least.  It's a 440 car though.  If there's anything my info could provide, let me know.  I have two build sheets for it and it's numbers matching.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

TobiasM

@7E-Bodies : Kevin, thank you very much for supporting my quest!!!  :drinkingbud:

Unfortunately, you cars specific VON is of no help, because ,,002082" is too far away from the asked ,,0829xx" to ,,0830xx"-range to draw a connection.

But thanks again!

BTW: your car is quite an early (ordered) car with such a low VON. The scheduled production date ,,B04" should decode as 4th of November 1969...so built not too early within the productionyear.

Morty426

Quote from: TobiasM on June 13, 2019, 12:33:11 AM
@7E-Bodies : Kevin, thank you very much for supporting my quest!!!  :drinkingbud:

Unfortunately, you cars specific VON is of no help, because ,,002082" is too far away from the asked ,,0829xx" to ,,0830xx"-range to draw a connection.

But thanks again!

BTW: your car is quite an early (ordered) car with such a low VON. The scheduled production date ,,B04" should decode as 4th of November 1969...so built not too early within the productionyear.

According to Dan his car is the earliest know off Hamtramck Line 2