Main Menu

Fender Tag fake?

Started by cldeibner, August 07, 2022, 04:22:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on September 02, 2022, 05:02:32 PM
I don't mind a reproduction tag as long as it is not being used to sell a car for what it isn't.  I would like to have the tag because it "looks" right, even if it is not original.  However, if the repros are so bad they look worse than not having one then sort of defeats the purpose, no?

No, it does not defeat the purpose.  You have the build sheet, you should put a correct reproduction fender tag on the car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: torredcuda on September 02, 2022, 04:43:27 PM
I am missing the fender tag for my Barracuda but have the broadcast sheet, if it wasn`t just a lowly `72 318 car I would probably have one made for it.

It's not "just a lowly" 72.  It's an awesome car!   My opinion is that it should have the reproduction fender tag.  That totally completes the engine bay when the hood is opened. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Stand back at a car show...and count the number of people that look at your fender tag....most even look at it first before checking out the car.... :unbelievable:

I think it's a great addition to any car....I even had some made for my resto-mod.....watch the first few minutes of this video and you'll see a guy walk up, check out the tag, then walk away  (1:44 mark)...  :haha: :haha:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 03, 2022, 08:21:39 AM
Quote from: torredcuda on September 02, 2022, 04:43:27 PM
I am missing the fender tag for my Barracuda but have the broadcast sheet, if it wasn`t just a lowly `72 318 car I would probably have one made for it.

It's not "just a lowly" 72.  It's an awesome car!   My opinion is that it should have the reproduction fender tag.  That totally completes the engine bay when the hood is opened.

I agree cars look wrong with nothing there but a correct one isn`t cheap and when cuda money is limited I have more important things to spend hat kind of money on - maybe someday.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/