Main Menu

Fender tag vs. Build Sheet

Started by Aloha Randy, August 24, 2021, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aloha Randy

That would be cool to get a guy from the past. I guess in some cases, the job was so routine that most don't remember and we would never think to document little steps. I will keep watching and looking!

cuda hunter

Not sure of the chain of ownership with this car, but, you said you purchased this from a museum.  From which it was already painted in the pictures.  So whoever purchased it before the museum would have purchased it from this guy.  You might give a call.  Ya never know where the build sheet might turn up.  In a rear set of seats that someone has in a garage that wasn't as nice as the seats that are in it now.  Never know.

From 2015

https://topclassiccarsforsale.com/dodge/18468-1970-dodge-challanger-rt-se-needs-complete-restoration.html

970 DODGE CHALLANGER
NEEDS COMPLETE RESTORATION
COMPLETE WITH MANY EXTRA PARTS
THIS IS A ORIGINAL R/T 383/AUTO (LONG GONE) WITH S/E OPTION
IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH PLUM CRAZY PAINT AND A/C
SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY IT WAS PAINTED B5 BLUE AND 340 4 SPEED INSTALLED. YEAH I HEAR YA BUT WHATS DONE IS DONE. IT IS A VERY SOLID CAR WITH VIN TAG AND BODY TAG IN PLACE. VERY SOLID FLOORS (BUT HACKED UP FOR 4 SPEED INSTALL) YEAH I HEAR YOU. FRAME RAILS TORQUE BOXES SHOCK TOWERS ROCKERSALL VERY SOLID. TRUNK FLOOR HAS AN AMATUER PATCH IN CENTER. SOMEWHERE IN ITS LIFE IT HAS HAD A RT REAR QUATER HUNG. LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT HERE. 1970 DODGE CHALLANGER R/T WITH S/E PACKAGE. ORIGINAL AC AND ORIGINAL PLUM CRAZY.PLUM CRAZY IS THE COLOR EVERYBODY MAKES THEIR RESTORATION WELL THIS ONE CAME THAT WAY AND IT IS AN R/T WITH THE S/E PACKAGE.. THIS IS A RARE BEAST A LONG WAY FROM COMPLETION BUT MOPAR PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH DONE.CAR IS COMPLETE (NOW 340 4SPEED NOT INSTALLED) INCLUDING ALL GLASS TWO INTERIORS DOOR PANELS TWO EXTRA DOORS EXTRA HOODBUMPERS ETC.CAR IS LOCATED IN DUNKIRK NY..ALL THE USUAL RAYBEAGUS APPLIES HERE LIKE DON'T BID IF YOU CAN'T BUY IF YOU DON'T HAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK CALL FIRST OR YOUR BID WILL BE REMOVED ANDLISTING CAN BE REMOVED AT ANYTIME. IT SAYS TITLE CLEAR BECAUSE EBAY DOESNT UNDERSTAND NEW YORK STATE DOES NOT ISSUE TITLES TO CARS BUILTBEFORE 1973 BUT ITDOES HAVE A TRANSFERABLE NYS OWNERSHIP.ANY AND ALL QUESTIONSCALL DAN 716 523 4484. DON'T TEXT AND DON'T EMAIL UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BE IGNORED. THIS IS NOT A "ILLNESS OR DIVORCE FORCES SALE" (DON'T YOU JUST HATE THAT?) BUT I MIGHT JUST SHOOT THAT DOG IN THE PICTURE IF WE DON'T GET THIS DONE(JUST KIDDIN). TAKE A LOOK NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART BUT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND KNOW MOPARS THERE IS SOME MONEY HERE.
On May-25-15 at 07:27:41 PDT seller added the following information:

IT HAS JUST COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THIS IS NOT A S/E. IT IS A R/T ORIGINALLY FROM THE FACTORY WITH FC7 (PLUM CRAZY) PAINT. EVIDENTLY THE S/E WOULD HAVE THE SMALL BACK WINDOW

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Aloha Randy

Yes that is the car I have. The car was purchased by the guy who responded to the ad for $2,500. Then he restored it to its original fender tag configuration with the exception of adding hood pins and power manual brakes. Soon after the build, it went into a museum that he was associated with. He soon after passed away. In 2020, his wife put it up for sale and had the museum show it and represent it. I was looking for a nice driver for my wife and we made a deal. The only sour part was whoever did the engine, did not know how to install wrist pins and it scored several cylinders. The had to sleeve the damaged ones and we went through the entire engine again replacing everything. Now I am putting break in miles on it but overall they did a good job. I am putting on front power disc brakes and redoing some dash work that is not up to my standards. wish I had been able to see it before the purchase but I live in Hawaii. Still happy though. Thanks for the link. I had some screen prints that the owner gave me but not that many.

pflug

Nice car- SPD a day later than mine.....

cuda hunter

1413 difference in vin.

@pflug is that build date a B  ?  13? 
I know you said two days after your build date, but I just wanted to confirm that is indeed a B. Seems the only skewed letter is the B.  Dirt on tag? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

@pflug

Perhaps you could go to the introductions section and introduce yourself and your awesome car. 

https://forum.e-bodies.org/new-members-introductions-roseville-moparts/3/