Main Menu

Odd Inner Door Stamping

Started by 7E-Bodies, June 21, 2019, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I've opened up a lot of E Body door panels and this is a first.  A date code stamped in paint on the inner frame of a well preserved 70 RT.  2934 dates to 8/9/69 and the car was made 11/4/69, so it'd be right, but I've just never seen a stamping as such.  Anyone else?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6Pack70

Isn't that the part number of an NOS door?  I had found the same thing on a 71 charger door years ago (different part #) and found out later the car was crashed when it was 2 years old.

anlauto

Yup...I would say the door was replaced at one time.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Can't say I'd disagree that it s a NOS replacement door, but I've been all over this car and have found no visible signs of a crash. The entire underbelly is stripped, blasted and in sealer.  Clean, solid and straight.  Oh, if we could only trace the history of these things or if they could speak.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Well it could have been just the door.  :brainiac:

The AAR I'm restoring had the rear valance dented up, filled with bondo and re-sprayed before the original owner bought it brand new at the dealer... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on June 21, 2019, 05:44:05 PM
Well it could have been just the door.  :brainiac:

The AAR I'm restoring had the rear valance dented up, filled with bondo and re-sprayed before the original owner bought it brand new at the dealer... :dunno:

I worked at the dealer 1970 and cars would be repaired before it was ever sold. Damage from the truck driver, or the prep guy or a mechanic.
Bob