Main Menu

Question about Vehicle Delivery and Handling section of Broadcast Sheet

Started by GreenFish71, February 26, 2023, 05:21:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GreenFish71

Hello folks.....hoping someone on the forum can shed some light on the Vehicle Delivery and Handling (Y) portion of my broadcast sheet (it's for a 1971 'Cuda - late build - SPD of 6/28/1971 and a door sticker showing a July 1971 build date).

Unfortunately my sheet is missing a portion of the top right of the page, but I can make out at least (1) digit in the corresponding 'Lease Bid Sale' box. My sheet clearly shows a '5' but because the broadcast is torn and the remainder of the page is missing, I can't determine if there is a missing digit, but I suspect there was another digit. From research I have done referencing online broadcast sheet codes, it is possible the full code is '54' in the Lease Bid Sale box. If this is correct, then from what I've found online code 'Y54' for years 1969 through 1971 refers to 'Chrysler Management Employee Purchase'.

In all of my research online I have not come cross any other broadcast sheets listing any codes in the Lease Bid Sale box, let alone '54'.

Does anyone have any insight into the coding for the Lease Bid Sale box in the Vehicle Delivery and Handling portion of the broadcast sheets for 1971?  Also, can anyone confirm my suspicion that the full code on my sheet was '54' ?   Any information/background on the 'Chrysler Management Employee Purchase' program?

I'm always fascinated by the story broadcast sheets tell about a car.

Thanks all !

7E-Bodies

@6bblgt is your man. I'm thinking mine was a lease car, and I'll gladly look into it and provide a more detailed reply when my wife vacates the computer it's all on.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

I've only seen "Y57" Incentive Qualifying Shipments with "Y14" Sold Car in the "Y" section of a broadcast sheet

I think it was an "end of year" sales incentive program for dealerships

cuda hunter

The first bs, is for a 74, so not sure if that relates appropriately to this threads question.
BH23G4B302143

The hemi BS appears to have had something in the slot we are looking for.
BS23R0B247___

The third BS is for a BP.   It appears to have a 22 in the  sales bid lease box
BP23G0B175696

The 4th BS is for a 71 JH sunroof challenger.   It has a 24 in this box. 
JH23L1B175339

The 5th BS is from a 71 BP  and it has a _4 in the sales bid lease box.  Can't quite make out the first number. 
BP23G1B16_785

6th BS is for a 71 sport fury. Different plant, but it has something in that box.
PH23T1D151778

These are all that I can find at the moment.  I hope this can help in some way. 
@6bblgt
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

GreenFish71

6bblgt adn Cuda Hunter:  you guys are amazing and a wealth of knowledge.

6bblgt:  I think your explanation makes the most sense, namely that it was '57' in the Lease Bid Sale box, because my car is a very late build (July '71), so 'end of year" sales incentive program for dealerships would appear to apply to my car.

Thanks so much for the information. As always there is so much to learn from all of you on this forum.

7E-Bodies

After all, mine may not pertain to the original query, but I've been told it's an oddball nonetheless.

JS23U0B car, 11/04/69 SPD

cuda hunter

Well there's a first. 

Wouldn't the Y17 have been under the Y 1- box where the 4 is? 

What does the 17 mean compared to the others?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

@cuda hunter I can only take it for what it decodes to. Corporate lease car, whatever that may be. It'd been pointed out to me that it was an oddity. Perhaps by @6bblgt but it may have been someone else.

6bblgt

CLC - Chrysler Lease Car
just a different accounting/bookkeeping code in addition to Chrysler selling cars, they leased them
the Y14 would be "SOLD" or more appropriately "customer ordered" car that Chrysler held the Y17 "lease" for  .....  here's a '69 brochure  :takealook:

7E-Bodies