Main Menu

1967 383 WIW

Started by erik70rt, June 30, 2021, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

I have a lead on a 1967 383 block with crank and caps, set of 906 heads, stock 4BBL intake and stock exhaust manifolds.  I can get them for $650.  I see lots of blocks priced that for themselves that just sit, and I see complete 383s selling for as low as $200-400 (but always sold before I find them :verymad:). 

Are they getting to where $650 is a decent deal? for an incomplete 383?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

HP2

IMO, no, they aren't that valuable. 383 was probably the most produced block behind the 318, so they are not hard to find and not a lot of people want them when 500" engines are so easy to build. Now to some guys the heads, intake, and exhaust are pretty valuable.  I think the stock heads underflow and stock intake and exhausts don't even register on my radar.

But then again, I've been seeing Grand Wagoneers selling for $5000+ and I would never pay that for one of them either. So my barometer might be a bit out of touch.

autoxcuda

Does it have HiPo exhaust manifolds? If so what year?

Those manifolds have some value.

Otherwise a 67 motor doesn't have a valuable car tied with it unless it was an 383 A-body motor with special motor mount bracket.

Seems like a $200-250 package.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

erik70rt

That's what I was thinking.  I don't really need it, so I'll hold off. 

Thanks!!!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.