Main Menu

1970 AAR Cuda exhaust manifolds 2863553 & 2863549

Started by 76orangewagon, April 23, 2018, 03:45:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

I removed these manifolds back in 1990 from a AAR Cuda that came from south Florida and put them on my 71 also in 1990 and now that its time to put the car back to original condition and install the proper 71 style manifolds I no longer have a use for these. I had them sand Blasted and coated in High Temp Exhaust Manifold paint from Eastwood. The heat riser was frozen and had a less than amateur repair job so I removed it and made some press fit plugs. In my non-professional opinion there is very minor pitting especially compared to some of other examples I've seen. These are ready to be bolted on and taken to shows. I see two set currently on eBay NOT selling and are ridiculously priced for $1299.95 and $1400.00 and reproductions are $ 695.00 from Brewers,  so the big question is what are they really worth ??????  Thanks

anlauto

Personally, I think the introductions of the reproduction manifolds have really brought down the value of originals. People were getting big dollars for them, because of a lot of people looking and very few sets to be found.....

With that said, yours a very nice looking, but the purists paying top dollar would want a working heat riser....

If they were mine...I'd be happy to get $500-$600 for them..... If I was looking to buy a set, I personally would think that was top dollar, but your EBay examples prove that thought wrong so I really don't know. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Alan,
I thought about adding a functional heat riser kit, but the NOS kits were around $250 and I didn't think adding a $250 part to a set of manifolds possibly worth only $500 seemed like a good business strategy.

cudaragtop

I was thinking I'd like to dress my 318 in 340 clothes, Air Cleaned, 4 barrel carb and intake and exhaust manifolds but saw the same manifolds on ebay and decided 70 340 exhaust manifolds were out of the question at those prices.
Alan, if you ever have a pair this nice that you would take $500 Canadian let me know.
That's about $390 US today.  :bradsthumb:   :takemymoney:    :)

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

RUNCHARGER

I sold a set last year for $400 CDN but I've been told I ask too much for my parts....
Sheldon

76orangewagon

Thanks for the input guys... I'll come up with a fair price based off all the info and repost in the parts for sale section

kathyscuda

this past Tuesday I bought a pair for $250.00 .
guy was parting a 70 340 duster.

anlauto

Quote from: kathyscuda on May 26, 2018, 09:00:23 AM

A Body Duster ones are different then E Body ones and not as valuable :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 26, 2018, 10:07:10 AM
Quote from: kathyscuda on May 26, 2018, 09:00:23 AM

A Body Duster ones are different then E Body ones and not as valuable :alan2cents:

I thought they are physically and fitment identical

IIRC, difference was the part numbers are indented instead of raised. Not sure if they were date coded. And I think same late 1970 model year Abodies got the same parts
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

I thought the driver's side one exits differently ?

6bblgt

short of minor differences in date & casting number location

RH 340 1968-1970 A & E-bodies part #2863545 cast #2863549
&
LH 340 1968-1971 A-bodies part #2863552 cast #2863553 & 1970 E-Bodies

1 Wild R/T

kathyscuda

did alan just have a moment ????
70 duster,dart,demon,aar,ta 340 manifolds are EXACTLY the same.
and only a handful care about casting ####s .
if they fit 99% of us will use them.

anlauto