Main Menu

Exhaust Manifolds 340 T/A 2863549 2863553 -update

Started by Bossgold, July 26, 2019, 08:23:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

Looking for AAR TA 340 HP exhaust manifolds 2863549 2863553 .Correct inward facing part numbers. Let me know of condition of Heat riser and/or manifolds

Monsterzero

Not to divert the OP, but I thought that either the inwards "stamped" part #s or the outward-facing raised part #s were correct for a T/A or AAR, no?

Fastmark

What I've heard is that the later cars in the production year got the casting that had the inner recessed numbers. Since the Trans Am cars were built late, that is what they got.

JH27N0B

I've never seen any numbers on my 4/15/70 SBD T/As exhaust manifolds.  I've owned the car since '78 and assume they are original to the car.

Bossgold

From everything I have come across the correct Exhaust manifolds for the T/A motors for AAR or Challenger T/A's has the Part number facing toward the engine with an L2 on the 53 manifold and an L1 below the 2863549 stamp on the other. There are no outside markings on either manifold. A car that I pulled out of a garage in Detroit had been sitting for years had the exact manifolds of the same style. Unless someone states that their Original AAR or T/A had the 340 HP style with Part numbers raised and facing out I'm going with the ones pictured below which match the re-pops and the ones I see for sale. And the Car From Detroit had a March 20 1970 SPD and the original matching numbers engine had an Engine Assembly date of 3136 which is Friday, Feb. 27th 1970.

70 Challenger Lover

I have decent sets but the casting numbers face outward.

Bossgold

thanks for those that offered help. Found a pair 2863549, 53 L1 L2 for a OEM AAR  T/A. Nice set off the radar. I picked them up for $ 675 in case anyone was curious

Monsterzero

I'm curious to know where "off the radar" is so I can find a pair as well?🤔

Bossgold

anlauto

I have a set....funny story...
A guy ask me to do a bulk buy on three items, one of the items he said was a set of 340 manifolds....so I bought everything for $1300....Sold the other two items for $1500....So I got a set of 340 manifolds with the imprinted numbers (instead of the casted numbers) for NEGATIVE $200 :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Monsterzero

Sorry, but to whom did you send a PM to? Was it me, because I haven't received one from you.

Monsterzero

Alan, are you paying someone $200 to take theses exhaust manifolds off your hands? If so, sign me up!
If not, how much are you asking for them? What condition are they in? Thanks in advance.

anlauto

:rofl: :rofl: Yea it doesn't always work out that way...

They are in really clean condition, I'm pretty certain they'll just find their way onto my AAR... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Monsterzero