Main Menu

1970 challenger convert R/T wiw

Started by 71cudaddict, December 05, 2018, 11:51:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

E74cuda

Thanks for sharing. It's always great to see something like this. Hope you end up with the car.

MONC

js27

So what happened with this deal ?--Did you buy the car ?
JS27

71cudaddict

Still trying to get it for my price maybe some trading involved now post when it happens

340challconvert

Looks like a great find
I would not try to negotiate "too hard" with the owner. He probably knows what he has!!

That is a rare car; AC and four speed in an RT convertible
They made 149 Challenger RT verts with the 4 sp and 383 engine
The AC makes it even more rare in a convertible.
Can't be many out there like this one.
:takemymoney:

Just pick up the car and fix it up while you are driving it.
RT convertibles are getting almost impossible to find.
Just my  :alan2cents:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

70 Challenger Lover

I agree. I've had people try that with me on a few cars and they lost out in the end. Some cars like the one you are looking at don't come around often and we all have heard the stories of the ones that got away from us.

Morty426

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on February 10, 2019, 01:00:07 PM
I agree. I've had people try that with me on a few cars and they lost out in the end. Some cars like the one you are looking at don't come around often and we all have heard the stories of the ones that got away from us.

Very true.

I had the chance to buy JS27V0B10002x - I knew the guy that was flipping it paid $27K for it and I was willing to $50K but he insisted on $80K - eventually he got his money and I'll never find another for $80K

:deadhorse:

js27

Good Luck-but I agree don't wait to long-If he really advertises it it will go fast depending on the price. On the other hand if he want more than it is worth then he will probably keep it.
Keep us posted .. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
JS27

71cudaddict

Well I finally got it a few months back cleaned it up replaced rear wheel cyls. Fuel pump And hoses,battery changed the wheels and tires been driving it.

71cudaddict

More pics.  moulding were in the car and other documentation it's going to be a keeper.

ragtopdodge

Awesome car!

But just needs one thing:  SE moulding (incl super rare rear quarter LONG piece).  Which I happen to have for sale.

;)

71cudaddict

REALLY NEEDS THE 3 SPEAKER  A/C  DASH YOU HAVE .LOL

Matt M

Congrats on getting the car
It was a long wait, but sure looks like it was worth it!!

anlauto

So this started as a "What's it Worth" question....now that you got it, how much is it worth, what did you have to pay ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71cudaddict

Paid more than I wanted to that's why it took so long to get the deal together 53k . I am happy with what I got and will enjoy it 9 months out of the year only problem is it's too hot to drive it now, at least  another month and a half to go . Rickey