Main Menu

1970 challenger convert R/T wiw

Started by 71cudaddict, December 05, 2018, 11:51:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71cudaddict

I AM looking at a 1970 challenger convert  R/T 383 4spd.  A/C car numbers matching motor &trans.dry AZ car light  scaling in the trunk floor  no rust all original sheet metal been sitting 20 years  in doors no missing parts small dent in ft fender lots of paper work has B/S and fender tag

71cudaddict

MORE PICS had 1 repaint dash has usual cracks top is good thinking about fixing minor dent and paint hood clean it up and drive it what do you think its worth

Cuda Cody

Looks like a great find!   :yes:  Any photos of the underside?  If it's truly a "no rust" car then that would really help the value. 

6bblgt

@js27 here's another orange & HRT5 car - "WE" need some interior pics  :D

1 Wild R/T

@js27   ........HRT5   

Value?  Tough call...  4spd is a plus, many see A/C as a minus but those who drive their cars vs those who look at their cars likely feel otherwise.. 4spd with A/C is pretty rare.... A rust free R/T vert I wouldn't part with for less than 45K but the next poster will tell you 30K... And a done car is 60K or more....  Good luck... Cool car...

71cudaddict

no rust at all under the car drop offs are perfect  some one dyed the panels black but i see the brown  on the dash and other parts inside looks like seat covers were changed to black has the correct pattern and panels  are in good cond with no speaker holes power top works good .

Crocha617

I would say $45k is the max you'd want to pay if it's really nice. You'll need to spend some money fixing the dent and getting it running after 20 years. Lots of stuff to replace...fuel lines, tank, brakes, hoses.....

headejm

:iagree: with the $45k comments. I'd be curious to find out how many R/T convertibles were built with 4-speed and AC. Can't tell much from the photos but it sounds like a very nice car.

js27

Very cool car-It is EK2 and mine is EV2--this one was built Nov. 18 and mine was built Nov 20, Both have  HRT5 interior. Mine is a console auto and has the side stripe. yours is a 4 speed with air which has to be rare in itself. I wish the interior wasn't dye black because I am looking for some good pics of a unrestored  HRT5 interior. I would say $45 would be a good price. It will cost some bucks to get it back on the road as mentioned above. Please keep us informed on your progress.
JS27

Bpret

Looks like a few other cars in there anything else for sale? Looks like a great car. I own a 70 cuda convertible same color 3spd black interior have been told it's worth 80-100 is there that big of a difference in a cuda vs challenger price.

RUNCHARGER

Great car, rust free pretty much, great colour, 4 speed, looks to be all there. Yeah $45k alll day long I think. I see junk convt.s for $30k all the time.
Sheldon

71cudaddict

Working a deal we will see what happens with the next week owner went away hunting

scf100

RT vert 4 spd ac 383 car that's gotta be rare......buy it!
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

superdave

8) That's a fantastic find. I'll hold my say as to value, my pockets aren't that deep and these guys know more than I do.  :banana: :popcorn:

1 Wild R/T

Funny thing is there's currently a thread running about a G code (318) Challenger hardtop that the flipper is asking 50K for...... So a real R/T Vert must be worth allot more.... Now you just have to find a buyer who will actually pay that...

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/1971-dodge-challenger-dollar50000-craigslist/9340/