Main Menu

Burnt Orange Interior parts

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, February 20, 2019, 09:17:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

One of my 70s had a burnt orange interior including center console. As that project moves forward, I'm pretty convinced I will be going black inside. Finding nice black interior isn't too hard or I could paint what I have black.

Question is if there is any substantial value in original burnt orange parts like console, a pillar trim, kick panels, speaker grille, sun visors. Those items are not like new of course but they are useable. Just not sure if anyone would pay much for old stuff that had a certain amount of fading anyway.

My inclination is to paint the stuff the color I want or toss and replace with nicer black versions but I know burnt orange was a one year only color.

Cuda Cody

If they were in great condition I could see someone paying a lot more for them.  But if they need to be painted I don't see anyone paying big money for them.  :alan2cents:

70 Challenger Lover

makes sense.  A few things like the door panels are just rough and will probably get trashed. The console is something I'll probably start with. Finding a four speed 70 version is tough enough but there's no point of selling mine until I find a good replacement first.

RUNCHARGER

They should have value, especially with your location. I had some usable Burnt orange leather seat skins but with shipping where I am located, no one wanted them.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

those one year colors are worth something to someone.
don't paint them.  Someone will buy the stuff. 

wish I could have found all the pieces for my 70 FK5 when I needed them.  I had to mix black with burnt orange. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee