Main Menu

73 challenger

Started by dave73, May 07, 2019, 07:21:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

anlauto

Likely every penny he's asking... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dave73

That's what I figured. Guess gone are the days of finding an ebody under 5k

anlauto

Most often an antique automotive investor (FLIPPER) will go buy it, beat him up on the price...knock him down to $4000 clean the stuff out of the trunk and list it on eBay for $10K-$12K and likely get around $8500 :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dave73

So do you think there is money to be made on this car?

anlauto

Ah....hard to say....You wouldn't find anything around here in that condition for $5500....I would like to see the trunk floor ..it looks like it could be a great start for somebody  :alan2cents:

73chalngr

Check the vin plate . Not sure it is a rallye car .  No gauges no 340. G=318 if I remember correctly .

anlauto

There was no "JS" Challenger's in 1973. The Rallye became an option A57 which I don't see on the tag  :dunno:

7212Mopar

I think the rallye package will include the rallye gauges. This car has standard gauges but it came with air conditioning.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Burdar

QuoteCheck the vin plate . Not sure it is a rallye car .  No gauges no 340. G=318 if I remember correctly .

A57 on fender tag = Rallye in 73 and 74.  No A57...not a Rallye.  This is not a Rallye car.  Just a standard 318 car with some added Rallye pieces.  The standard engine in the Rallye was a 318 however.

GrandpaKevin

The 72-74 Challengers don't get a lot of love or bring a lot of $$$.

This one local to me was for sale last fall for $13k.

It had just been painted, decent drive quality paint job but the engine compartment was rattle can black, and all new interior installed.

The current seller installed a new carb and got the big block running better and I'll bet he paid under $13k for it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/283813322568805/

Rich G.

The pictures started off good but went downhill fast. Looks like it could be worth it if it's all there. Don't think they're getting any cheaper .