Main Menu

1971 challenger R/T

Started by IMNCARN82, June 29, 2024, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

My bet is it gets up to the $35k. If it was an orange Cuda it would go higher. A dealer would be smart to buy it, fluff up the paint and run it through BJ. It's not a car now but a commodity, too bad.
Sheldon

headejm

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 09, 2024, 06:58:16 AM10K now, but with 6 days to go, we're a long way from seeing how high the bidding will go on this car on BAT.
I'm watching it to see how much excitement a '71 gets.  I have been trying to sell my '71 V code Challenger off and on for a number of years with little attention given to it by potential buyers, which has been frustrating and baffling to me.  I've toyed with the idea of running it on BAT to see if that site gets it some real interest.
The commenters on the auction think it's a survivor, but from this thread I got the idea it's been repainted. Does a car qualify as a survivor if repainted?

No, not a survivor if it's been repainted.  :alan2cents:

GrandpaKevin

I'm also interested to see where the price ends up.

Might be selling a 71 R/T myself.

cuda hunter

3 days no movement.
Seems the seller might have been better off to have just sold it to @IMNCARN82

What is the fee on BAT? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

IMNCARN82

Well. Can't thank you enough for tagging me in that post and alerting us to the BAT ad.  We knew eventually that might happen.  So after not being able to come to an agreement on price.  They have chosen to list it online.  Now my girl is on BAT and still in on the action. Ha. This epic saga continues for your viewing pleasure.  I'm kinda over the whole thing really. But love these cars too much. Uhg.  Auction ends tomorrow. She's preparing herself.  Ha.  Wish us luck....   Not goin past a point. 
round tail lights forever !!

headejm

RUNCHARGER

I'm pulling for you to get it cheaper than what you offered. I'm just not a fan of realtor types trying to max out their profit. Fingers crossed.
Sheldon

YYZ

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 11, 2024, 11:35:57 AM3 days no movement.
Seems the seller might have been better off to have just sold it to @IMNCARN82

What is the fee on BAT? 

$99 if you take your own pics or $399 if they send out a photographer

A lot of times the bid price doesn't move much until the last day or hours

IMNCARN82

Bidder pays 5% of bid at time of bid.  Only winning bidder is charged. Or some B.S.  not going past a certain point.  And we know what their reserve is.  As that's what the wife told me on price.  And to which I agreed to.  But it didn't go that way.  Granny wanted 45K.   So ya.  Would be cool to save it.  But I'm not doing it for nothing.  And I ain't nobody. 

JH27N0B

And no sellers premium. The buyer pays a 5% premium with a max of $7500 I believe it is.
I did go ahead and submitted my '71 V code to BaT last weekend.  They got back to me yesterday and are pushing me to lower the reserve I want by $10K.  I misunderstood when I submitted the car thinking there was a sellers premium, so factoring that in, I would lower my reserve, but not quite that much!  Their pushing me about my desired reserve makes me wonder if they really would have took that 383 car with a 45K reserve.
I don't know if they will be OK with compromising on reserves or if they are hard nosed about it, I guess I'll find out soon!
I think value wise my '71 is fairly equivalent to this 70 that sold in June, and I'm now hoping to get the reserve on mine in the mid 80s.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-dodge-challenger-r-t-24/
With a day left, the N Code bidding on BaT is starting to show some life again, now over 15K.  I think it will get into the 30s, mid to high 30s is my guess.

IMNCARN82

The paint is cracking bad on both sides from the belt line down.  Someone is going to be disappointed.  It's not in the photos and not properly addressed in the ad.  Pretty sad.  I bet whoever buys it will be dissatisfied and refuse delivery.  I would. 

Mr Cuda

I follow BaT for my interest in non mopars.
 Prices on what I follow have come down a bit.
 I have never seen mopars get the love they deserve on that site.
 I would say get your money together, as it could go fo less than your ideal price.
 Then....it doesn't say no reserve, or reserve off. So depending on how hard the BaT staff chiseled them on their reserve, your bid might not matter.
 But I would be prepared to jump in after the first 2 min bid period.
I won't be bidding. Good luck!

Mr Cuda

@JH27NOB your car is a gem, that with all these conversations, I cannot believe no one has contacted you.
 I cannot buy another car, but I love it.
 Yes it compares favorably against that BaT listing

JH27N0B

Quote from: Mr Cuda on August 14, 2024, 04:16:36 PM@JH27NOB your car is a gem, that with all these conversations, I cannot believe no one has contacted you.
 I cannot buy another car, but I love it.
 Yes it compares favorably against that BaT listing

It's baffling to me for sure.  It's a beautiful car.  I truly think I'm cursed!
But I'm really burned out from running ads, I have no more patience for picture collectors who ghost me after I take the time to respond to their inquiry with pictures and additional info on the car, and they don't even have the courtesy to then reply after I do that. Flakes!  :headbang:
And all the Richard Rawlings wannabes whose first question when contacting me is "what's the lowest price you'll take?". Even bigger flakes!  :headbang:  :headbang:
So I contacted Volo Auto Museum a few weeks ago about consigning the car to them.  And those flakes ghosted me!
A local friend has a total unicorn Pontiac; 68 Parisienne 2+2 convertible 4 speed, 427.
Not a typo, it has a factory Chevy 427!  Canadian car one of 3 made. Last year he hired a professional photographer to photograph the car, and submitted it to BaT.  They turned it down!
I don't get it... :notsure:

If BaT refuses my car I'm about out of ideas. Time to move to a place with a bigger garage I guess, as I can't ever manage to sell anything I own and having a car stored away I rarely see is not good.

IMNCARN82

Ha. Ya.  Well.  I got that curse too. Don't feel bad. Seriously.  I can't sell anything and if I do. I tend to attract total nut-jobs.  Don't ask about scarecrow. Or scary for short and the 55 Tbird.... I should write a book.  Not sure on your car specifically.  Didn't know you were selling.  I'm on a budget if there is such a thing.  As for BaT it is BuNk if ya ask me.  Don't become a bottom feeder....  Uhg.