Main Menu

1971 challenger R/T

Started by IMNCARN82, June 29, 2024, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

@IMNCARN82 I think you have the right attitude about the whole thing. When the BAT auction ends without the car meeting the reserve and selling, the seller will of course be a little disappointed and maybe even a bit frustrated. It could very well play in your favor. It creates "tension" for the seller and whether they know it or not, they want to relieve that tension. That would be the perfect time to swing by with your briefcase full of cash. Flash that cash and offer them a bit less than your original offer.  :takemymoney:  They might surprise you by accepting your offer.  :bigmoney:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

IMNCARN82

It never ceases to amaze me how these cars attract the scum of the earth. And the nicest people I've ever met....
round tail lights forever !!

cuda hunter

Current Bid: $20,750
Ends in
4:08:11
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

IMNCARN82

Just dropped the kid off at school in the cuda. First day request. Ha.  Drive by the challenger.  It's totally cooked.  I feel as though I should warn everyone on BaT that it's been parked outside all year and that both sides have been repainted and is cracking badly.   This seller is scum.  And it's not right.   

JH27N0B

Sold for $32,500.  Sounds like if you were offering $35,000 they would have been better off just selling it to you!
With the buyers fee, the buyer will be paying $34K and change for it, and shipping unless they are close enough to pick it up.

mtull

Winning bid $32,500.

IMNCARN82

Ummm.  She won the bid.  Car is ours. 

Mr Cuda

I will say congratulations, but....

This would have been a whole lot easier if the people had been reasonable.
 In the end you got it at a price you were prepared for, so thats a win.

IMNCARN82

Ya. I hear you.  My life is this epic saga on a planet of hairless apes.  So I lurk around here. Where the goodness of humanity shines brightly.

JH27N0B

Clean it up and fix the paint, and you'll have yourself a great Challenger!  Congrats  :cheers:

headejm

@JH27N0B Do you have a thread on here with pictures of your car?

IMNCARN82

RUNCHARGER

Congrats on the car. I'm really glad it didn't go to a dealer/fluffer/flipper. That is my personal favorite type of car to buy, but without the drama. You know exactly what you've got. Fresh paint always raises doubts.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Good news, I guess.  BaT accepted my '71, after some back and forth negotiating the reserve.
Now I need to go get the car and take a buttload of pictures and probably a video too.  I wonder how it works with when the car gets listed, I am going to be tied up for a week or so with getting things ready for and traveling to Moparty and don't want to have the additional stress of monitoring my auction during the same timeframe.