3 speaker grill covers

Started by Katfish, August 05, 2017, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

I have the 2 outer speaker metal grill covers and brackets for an E-body,
What's the going rate for these?

2884685 2884686BC
2884685 2864690BC

Large BL & BR casting, so I'm guessing Barracuda?

Thx

Cuda Cody

I think I recall there being something different on the 1970 Challenger speakers vs other years.  If you know the part number you might post it and maybe someone will be able to tell you if there is a difference.  Not sure what they go for, but they are pretty good parts to have.

Katfish

Speaker frames are still attached but totally dissentigrated, would need to be rebuilt.

1 Wild R/T

B/R & B/L are 70-74 Barracuda & 71-74 Challenger   70 only Challenger Only are J/L & J/R

anlauto

There's also a support ring that goes on the inside of the pad....most people leave those behind... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on August 05, 2017, 01:23:25 PM
There's also a support ring that goes on the inside of the pad....most people leave those behind... :'(

Sounds like he has them.... He might have been paying attention..... FWIW I've made suitable replacements by cutting them out of 14ga steel....

Katfish

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 05, 2017, 01:32:48 PM
Quote from: anlauto on August 05, 2017, 01:23:25 PM

Sounds like he has them.... He might have been paying attention..... FWIW I've made suitable replacements by cutting them out of 14ga steel....

Got it all baby, whole enchilada, so what are they worth?

Cuda Cody

I really do not know, but I'll take a guess.  Maybe $75 each so $150 for a set?   :notsure:

71GranCoupe

Recently bought a complete L assembly with good speaker for $60. That was a good deal, guy only had one. For a set, with bad speakers, $150 is a good price for both seller and buyer,  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration