Main Menu

70 Cuda grille Turn Signal/Parking lights assemblies

Started by ebodydominator, April 25, 2017, 05:50:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ebodydominator

I know repops are expensive, but someone who don't wanna spend that much, I might just have your solution. I have a pair of nice looking original parking light assemblies from a 70 Barracuda. Now, they are 47 years old. The lenses look good yet, no corners busted off, but the inner sockets are good. One is way better than the other. One socket is loose but still intact. I installed new bulbs & they work on both parking light & turn lamp. The connectors are good yet. One lens has a part chipped out on side, but still they both are very useable yet. At least the inside lens area is decent yet & not grungy looking.

I can supply pictures of them, as well as them working. I'm going by what they originally were going for as repops at $600. Now, mine of course are NOT $600, but I think these in their current condition are worth around $250.00 low end but I'm sure around $300. I put black electrical tape on the upper side of the lens because the original black was gone. In fact, back in 1986, I taped mine on my Gran Coupe, just because it was cheaper & nobody really noticed anyhow.

So before I get hammered on cost, does this sound reasonable?

Cuda Cody

Some photos would help.  As you know with these things, condition is everything.   :alan2cents:

71GranCoupe

Below is a link of completed lights with pictures from  :ebay:  That should give you a good idea on prices and check to see how yours match up. Personally, if they are working and  complete with nice lenses they should be worth all of the $200-$300 all day long. The key is complete with the inner lense as well as the larger outer lense and the pigtails are not cut/spliced.  :alan2cents:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=1970%20barracuda%20park%20lights&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

ebodydominator

Here's a couple pictures, so far:

ebodydominator

More pics :

ebodydominator

More pics:

ebodydominator

Right side. Wire not cut but insulation at end is separated.

HUSTLESTUFF

I see that ECS sells the black tape for the lenses.

HEMICUDA

Wow, $600?  You can get these for $325.  Beat up originals just aren't worth that much anymore.