Main Menu

70 V-Code Cuda Restored Value

Started by B5Cuda440-6, August 06, 2017, 11:01:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5Cuda440-6

Hey All -

I've run across an original 1970 V-Code Cuda without the original engine and transmission. It does have the original Dana 60, all the interior and sheet metal. However, the body will need several replacement panels as it is in rough shape.

I'm curious to know the opinion of the community on what the restored value of the car would be. Not that it would be built to sell, but it helps to have a dollar threshold in mind when looking at the total cost of the restoration. It would not be an "OE" type car with a ton of NOS parts, matching date codes, etc. It would be restored with reproduction parts, where needed, and would otherwise would look as close to factory as possible – interior, engine, underside, trunk, etc. Here are the options on the car that I know of:

FK5
H6X9
E87
D21
V1X
A34
G31/G33
N96
R11
It is a non-console car and does have rally gauges, which are still in the car.

What do you guys think? Obviously the value would increase if the original drive line could be located, but if not, where would you assign a "ballpark" value?

Thanks!

RUNCHARGER

Neat car: My first guess would be $60k-$80k in todays values. Original hood and bubble is a big deal but I'm sure you know that. I show a huge value range but it all depends on what parts used, quality of paint, assembly and coatings.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:iagree: but I would go a bit higher if the quality of the restoration was really nice. A real 4 speed shaker six pack I could see being $85k.  The color is cool, but not as big of a demand as high impact colors.

6bblgt

authentic fender tag or broadcast sheet?

B5Cuda440-6

Thanks guys. Yes, there is the original fender tag, but not sure about the build sheet. I've have to disassemble the interior to see if there's still one intact.

RUNCHARGER

For me the colour is a bonus however if just building to sell the colour may take longer to sell than more popular colours. I think the shaker is probably the big attraction here though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Non numbers and colour are holding it back from being a six figure car, but not much...I agree with Cody $85K range nicely restored.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RusTy/SE

Beautiful in it's original combo :twothumbsup:  Have you been able to contact past owners or found out how it got to the present condition? History counts for something, I would think.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

fc7cuda

I'm thinking $60-70K range at best.  Here's a highly optioned car, with two tags of options, and an extremely nice restoration, not selling at 88K.

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/EV2VCODE4SALE.html

So I have to go a little lower on done value.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: fc7cuda on August 06, 2017, 03:41:31 PM
I'm thinking $60-70K range at best.  Here's a highly optioned car, with two tags of options, and an extremely nice restoration, not selling at 88K.

I was thinking of that car too, but apparently the tags are questionable on the orange one. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

B5Cuda440-6

Thanks for all your thoughts, everyone.

As far as I know, the car was parked in 74 but I don't know why or any information on the past owners.

Initially I was thinking that the car would be in the $60-70 range, only because it does not have the original drive train, and would need sheet metal replacement. Again, it would not be restored to flip or sell, but to keep and enjoy. I'm just exploring options at this point.

If I find out any more info on the car, I'll post it.

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on August 06, 2017, 06:08:49 PM

I was thinking of that car too, but apparently the tags are questionable on the orange one. :dunno:

I didn't decode the tag on the orange one..but what is questionable about it?

anlauto

Quote from: mjb765 on August 07, 2017, 05:27:45 AM
Quote from: anlauto on August 06, 2017, 06:08:49 PM

I didn't decode the tag on the orange one..but what is questionable about it?

There's no documentation to back it up and I think options could have been added. I don't know the whole story... just what I've had people tell me because it's on my website.

4mayhemi

Quote from: B5Cuda440-6 on August 06, 2017, 11:01:41 AM
It would not be an "OE" type car with a ton of NOS parts, matching date codes, etc. It would be restored with reproduction parts, where needed, and would otherwise would look as close to factory as possible
There are still a few # V's hanging around 100K, no movement.
There are a few NOM V's hanging around 85K no movement.
Now a couple NOM V's listed at 75K.
All of these have some sort of restos, need details to make right, some liberties, but not too bad.

There are always exceptions, but for completed cars now it seems the trend is options/quality/authenticity are pulling away from 2nd tier cars. It may seem like common sense, but a year or two ago everything was selling (NOM V's were at 85-95K).  I think this trend is here to stay, just as in the housing market since the crash.  Its either a handyman special/fire sale or expensive all done to a "T." The middle ground languishes.

Sounds like you're evaluating cost/return.  This car would have the options (albeit tentative color) but if repros are chosen over attainable NOS/restored correct parts then it may fall to middle ground.  You'd have to check all the boxes to minimize NOM and FK5.

E74cuda

A little late on the reply but from what I've seen FK5 gets no love and takes a substantial hit $ wise. Color is VERY important these days. Non #'s also takes a pretty big hit. My opinion is 50k to 65k done.