Main Menu

71 cuda shaker 340 car

Started by Shoooter, April 14, 2017, 07:37:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I might have the chance to get the first crack at a 71 cuda through a friend what's it worth? I don't have picture but my friend has looked at it and it is a real 1971 340 cuda 4 spd with shaker. Haven't looked for build sheet. It has been in storage for 30+ years and I about as rust free as they come. Quarters , floors rails ECT are all good. There is a fender tag all the shaker stuff. Have to verify if the motor and trans are numbers. I believe it is b5 blue haven't confirmed.  My guess is he wants 16-20 range Canadian.

1 Wild R/T

Have you bought it yet? Quit talking & open your wallet....

303 Mopar

Quote from: Shoooter on April 14, 2017, 07:37:44 AM
a real 1971 340 cuda 4 spd with shaker - about as rust free as they come. Quarters , floors rails ECT are all good. There is a fender tag all the shaker stuff.  he wants 16-20 range Canadian.

These are the key words to your post.  You better get on it or someone else will.   :takemymoney:

Shoooter

Have t bought it. It's not advertise for sale. My friend has been trying to get it for 20+ years and the owner finally said he will be selling it soon. He gets first shot at it. He is looking at another project as he has had lots of cars. If he passes on it I can make a move. He might be as high as 25. Is that still a good deal?

1 Wild R/T

If you don't want it for $25K I'll bet a dozen folks who have seen this post would be happy to scoop it up..

Spikedog08

I think even if the motor and trans isn't correct, if in that good of condition, still worth it.  What is that, about 20K US?

I would be interested!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

8)  Standing by for any info.   :bigthumb:  Real deal 71 Shaker Cuda's are pretty hard to find.  $25 Canadian seems really fair.  But just depends on the rust and numbers.  Always willing to help out in any way I can.   :lurking:

RUNCHARGER

If it's a true rust free, shaker, 4 speed I would lay down $30k CDN without worrying about it. And I'm not even a 71 Cuda fan. My advice would be to push hard on it and buy it if at all possible before word gets out.
Sheldon

Rev-It-Up

Dang!  I think I would have a hard time sleeping till that deal was done and the car was in my possession!  I really hope it works out for you...sounds like a fantastic deal!  :fingerscrossed:
Rev-It-Up

xx88man

I agree...it would be a great buy at $25k or so.  BUY IT!!   :takemymoney:
Keep yer foot in it

71GranCoupe

:stop: Let me save you the pain and heartache, I will buy  :takemymoney: it and then give you a weekly update on the build. OK, just kidding  :crazytalk:, if it is a matching car and unless it is a total rust bucket, I would think 20k would be the starting price. I looked at a non shaker car that was supposed to be a easy bolt together car a year ago and after I spent a day getting to the car, it was in dire need of more work. I let the person that was selling for a friend it was only worth about 12-15k and I was not interested even at 12. Like everyone has said, unless there is some gremlins that are hiding, this should be your next car. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.  :canada: :unitedstates: :cheers:

Shoooter

It isn't going anywhere as my friend has a car he wants. There good friends. I think I will be a few no the till he is ready but I want to make sure I have my money in order

ec_co

'71 340 4spd Shaker is a no-brainer for sure. one of my favorite combos, I love how the 340 winds up
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

HP_Cuda

I guess the question is how good a friend is he?

I've heard a similar situation where a friend thought he had a direct lead on a Cuda, the friend bought it and flipped it.

Oopsie!

:rofl:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

A rust free 1971 340 4spd shaker car, complete numbers matching but needing a restoration is a $50K+ car all day long.

You can make that USD or CDN which ever you like. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration