Main Menu

Cuda Shaker

Started by Filthy Filbert, July 29, 2023, 09:05:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Filthy Filbert

So AMD has been out of stock on Cuda shaker hoods for over 2 years now.   Are there other sources for a shaker hood that fits decent?  Steel or fiberglass is ok with me.  I'm not after originality. I just want something that fits well and looks good. 

Google shows me 2 possible sources.  Golden star and Sherman.  Anyone have first hand experience with either brand?  Are there other sources?

anlauto

Contact Roseville Moparts for an AMD hood  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparCarGuy

Check out https://www.shakerhood.com/

They are preparing to release hoods to complement there extensive line of Shaker components. They are considering Challenger fiberglass hoods but may be planning Cuda hoods, too.

ignition1

I have been waiting on a backorder shaker hood for over a year. Classic Industries just informed that they will be shipping an OER shaker hood and trim ring. AMD hood has not been in stock for a while. So I got the hood that was in stock first.

Filthy Filbert

OER?  I'll need to google that brand. 

I saw that AAR fiberglass makes a shaker hood.  Has anyone used them for shakers?  Sounds like their AAR reproduction hoods are favorable quality.     Shakerhood.com is pricy for the bubbles and baseplates but they seem to be exact replicas of originals.    Whose bubbles, base plates, trim rings etc would fit well with the other brands of hoods? (Seems like no company offers an 'all in one' deal.  It's esither the hood or the bubble and base but not both...)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco

Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

tx9cuda

AAR Fiberglass is no longer in business.
BS23H1B

anlauto

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on August 01, 2023, 07:15:45 AM
Quote from: tx9cuda on August 01, 2023, 05:46:15 AM
AAR Fiberglass is no longer in business.

Their website is still active?

https://aarqualityfiberglass.com/product/hood-cuda-1970-1974-shaker-bolt-on/

Check out their Homepage.
QUOTE:This ride started in the 80's when we bought our first Camaro's with many more hot rods to come.....We started Stinger Fiberglass
25 years ago because of this love for these iconic cars.  We have been privileged to help 1000's of others get their rides on the road, racetrack, car show, etc. with the parts and knowledge we have shared.
Stinger Fiberglass has closed its doors for now.  We thank you for choosing our Stinger family for your projects and wish you all the best.
We are no longer taking new orders.

Filthy Filbert

Dang.  That severely limits options!

Thanks for the info on Roseville.  There must have been a run that came in between now and the last time I checked.   Or AMD has them in stock but did not update their website.

meanfish

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on July 31, 2023, 06:57:18 PMOER?  I'll need to google that brand. 

I saw that AAR fiberglass makes a shaker hood.  Has anyone used them for shakers?  Sounds like their AAR reproduction hoods are favorable quality.    Shakerhood.com is pricy for the bubbles and baseplates but they seem to be exact replicas of originals.    Whose bubbles, base plates, trim rings etc would fit well with the other brands of hoods? (Seems like no company offers an 'all in one' deal.  It's esither the hood or the bubble and base but not both...)

That's too bad on the AAR Fiberglass. It seems I ordered mine just before they closed shop. My body guy said it was pretty good quality - we had to do a fair amount of work to pretty it up, but no more than average fiberglass hood work. 

I second the Tommy The Chryco for thee bubble.  I am using his parts for all my under the hood shaker stuff. I'll be reassembling everything here this winter.