Main Menu

727 Transmission

Started by VCODE, April 28, 2019, 11:44:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

WIW , 727 Trans out of a driving car. It has no VIN # stamped on it. The Left side number is PK 2914760 No Torque converter.
Small block 318/340
Thanks Bob

headejm

Core charge on a good rebuild is $200. The rebuilt 727 is an additional $700. So value would be at the core level of $200. Difficult and expensive to ship also.  :alan2cents:

VCODE

BIGSHCLUNK

In the core "world" (one I deal with DAILY... ) $40-75 depending on who. GCOR is at $40 right now AA is at $75 with a few guys in the $50/65 range.    The only time they are worth more is if you find "that guy" looking for the core with "that #" . Better luck with POWERBALL

RUNCHARGER

Core value may change with location I suppose. I've never gotten more than $50 for one.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

Supply vs demand has lots to do with it.  Just because , lets say NAPA/Advance/O'rielly  charges $80 for that alternator core that does not make the core worth $80. The majority of alt cores are under $12, with a few exceptions (old vintage mopar / insert $hit emoji here). The core charge is basic playing the percentages. Lets say Advance stores sell 1000 alts a day nationally and 10% of cores never get returned times 365 days a year.....  :takemymoney:

headejm

My preferred rebuilder, Cope Racing Transmissions, charges $200. Obviously no core charge if you have them rebuild your numbers matching transmission.