Main Menu

AAR vs T/A

Started by nsmall, October 14, 2017, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

What's the general price difference between an AAR vs challenger T/A 6 pack?

I love this one: https://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-CHALLENGER-T-A-/162708990863?hash=item25e2362b8f%3Ag%3AQuIAAOSwmAhZ3h~b&_trkparms=pageci%253Ad12956b8-b165-11e7-8708-74dbd18045dd%257Cparentrq%253A1e67fa4215f0aa4665314f40fffb05ec%257Ciid%253A2

Seems cheap, well, the reserve seems like it is off and it does have 6 days left so maybe it will sell for much more.

Chryco Psycho

Generally T/As are 10-15 % less in value but this depends on options & colors as well
I would be happy with either with a 4 spd in X9 !!

FlatlandTA

Quote from: nsmall on October 14, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
What's the general price difference between an AAR vs challenger T/A 6 pack?

I love this one: https://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-CHALLENGER-T-A-/162708990863?hash=item25e2362b8f%3Ag%3AQuIAAOSwmAhZ3h~b&_trkparms=pageci%253Ad12956b8-b165-11e7-8708-74dbd18045dd%257Cparentrq%253A1e67fa4215f0aa4665314f40fffb05ec%257Ciid%253A2

Seems cheap, well, the reserve seems like it is off and it does have 6 days left so maybe it will sell for much more.
There is no reserve on that one. Believe it just sold at a Meccum Auction lately for 48k I  was told. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6bblgt

yes, it was at Mecum Harrisburg 2017

Cuda Cody

Color seems to be the biggest driver when it comes to value of T/A's and AAR's.  4 Speeds will push the value up too.  If all things being the same it does seems like AAR's bring about 5% more.  I personally like the T/A's better, but it's so close I could and will own an AAR someday.

kdcarman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 15, 2017, 12:53:53 AM
Color seems to be the biggest driver when it comes to value of T/A's and AAR's.  4 Speeds will push the value up too.  If all things being the same it does seems like AAR's bring about 5% more.  I personally like the T/A's better, but it's so close I could and will own an AAR someday.

I agree color is the biggest driver.  I sold my F8 AAR last year, I watched the values closely.  Although if you like or don't mind green you can drive an AAR or TA at discount.

FlatlandTA

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 15, 2017, 12:53:53 AM
Color Agreed 4spd adds value also,that is a big one for me as well whether or not it's a 4spd :stickfan:. this one has buildsheet as well as orig bill of sale and warranty card even being green one has to wonder how well it was restored or why it only brought 48k at meccum? If only cuz green and automatic,still real nice low mileage car with paperwork.

FlatlandTA

Sounds like it was super tough before resto,discussed the car at length the other day and one of my members knew the car back in the day.
Could be why,perhaps only the roof skin is original metal lol

anlauto

Couple of incorrect details under the hood, but otherwise a nice restoration. :dunno:

I give it the award for WORST carpet installation I've ever seen :1place:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

@anlauto

Perfect timing.  Can you share any photos or share some photos from online of what it would look like to have the carpet correctly installed on the firewall?

I have no point of reference as mine only went partially up the firewall.  Thanks

I love the green of this T/A.  Seems messed up this color doesn't get more love.  But I grew up in the mountains/forests of eastern Washington near Canada so maybe that's why.

FlatlandTA

Quote from: nsmall on October 15, 2017, 07:42:00 AM
@anlauto

Perfect timing.  Can you share any photos or share some photos from online of what it would look like to have the carpet correctly installed on the firewall?

I have no point of reference as mine only went partially up the firewall.  Thanks

I love the green of this T/A.  Seems messed up this color doesn't get more love.  But I grew up in the mountains/forests of eastern Washington near Canada so maybe that's why.
Agreed car looks good in green.
With that said is there really a bad T/A or AAR color combo? Personally think they all look great,there's enough black paint/stripes/hood with or without vinyl roof different coloured roofs/interior combos etc that all colours look great imo. :bias:

anlauto

Quote from: nsmall on October 15, 2017, 07:42:00 AM
@anlauto

Well the "heel pad" is called that because it should be under your heel when your foot is on the gas pedal....NOT half way to the seat like this car :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I agree the price spread between T/A and AAR is pretty close. I would probably look for a green 4 speed if I was looking because I'm okay with green. This car looks pretty good but would look better with some correct refinishing in spots (steering column, dash, grille etc.). Overall I like it and it looks like 98% is done. $48 looks like it was a good deal, depending?
Sheldon