Main Menu

Better go thru and check your old Hot Wheels Collection

Started by Topcat, February 06, 2020, 06:58:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Crazy stuff!  :looney:   Cool to see though, That Hotwheels convention sounds fun!

Dakota

I doubt I ever owned any Hot Wheels that are now considered "collectible", but I had a bunch of them when I was a kid.   Can't say I was particularly kind to them as they went through a lot of collisions and several may have gone airborne more than once.    I probably had better odds of having a collectible baseball card, but most of them ended up being used as a noisemaker against my bike tire spokes.  Yesterday's trash is today's treasure.

torredcuda

I still have some redlines, Matchbox and Aurora slot cars from my childhood but most were played with pretty hard so not worth much.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Chryco Psycho

I still have a bunch of them , I have seen a number of them in the 10k range but 100 k wow  :rubeyes:

anlauto

Mine got firecrackers stuffed inside them, or big rocks dropped on them... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

:-[
LOL ... I was fascinated with scrap yards. Some of mine got put in a vise and smashed with a big hammer. Then I would line them up in rows and piled on one another. Never the new ones just the old "scrappers" that had paint wore off or wheels missing etc...  I had a couple bushel baskets full of them.
Great part of my childhood for sure. 
I have to admit I still from time to time buy them, ones that catch my eye. Always Mopars now though.
I too also still have my AFX/Tyco slot car stuff.

Topcat

Yup...Hot Wheels never left me completely.

It's like an instinct when you're walking thru a retail chain store; and then you see them as you walk by.
You just can't help but turn your neck and look what's there.

Much like a Woman walking by a full length Mirror.    :haha:

Chryco Psycho

guilty also ,  I still look to see what is new , I have a number of cars I could never own in 1:1 scale

mopartaz

So if a used one is worth 100k wonder what that one in the package is worth?  wonder if he has the original receipt?  Wait a minute ...maybe there's a small broadcast sheet in there somewhere. Lol
I only have 2 still in the packaging : A Stevie Ray Vaughn edition (panel wagon i think) and my friends old 69 Daytona. Johnny Lightning did his Daytona with his name on the packaging--cool.