Main Menu

Complete Built 440

Started by js27, May 02, 2019, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

To circle back to your original post, are you definitely selling the car? If so, maybe post it for sale as is and if you don't get any bites/ a ton of people saying put back in the 383, then maybe do the swap? Seems like a lot of work to do a swap that may not necessarily help you sell the car? Personally, I'd love a convertible with a big stroker motor or hemi, but I'm not a purist. There is a buyer for every type of car, just need to find them.

js27

Yes after selling my 67 GTX  in 4 days the Challenger was on Cars on Line for about 4 months when I took it down having seconds thoughts about selling. I picked up the correct 383 and started thinking putting it back stock. I have a few people interested in buying the 440 but now I do not know. I restored the car to original spec so that I could just swap the motor and it would be correct. Never numbers matching motor but correct year. 10 years ago I could have the 440 out and the 383 in and running in a weekend but these days with my health it is a much bigger deal. Maybe I will just put it back up and throw the 383 into the deal and see what happens.
Thanks for everybody's input.
JS27

dave73

Quote from: js27 on May 07, 2019, 09:19:12 AM
Yes after selling my 67 GTX  in 4 days the Challenger was on Cars on Line for about 4 months when I took it down having seconds thoughts about selling. I picked up the correct 383 and started thinking putting it back stock. I have a few people interested in buying the 440 but now I do not know. I restored the car to original spec so that I could just swap the motor and it would be correct. Never numbers matching motor but correct year. 10 years ago I could have the 440 out and the 383 in and running in a weekend but these days with my health it is a much bigger deal. Maybe I will just put it back up and throw the 383 into the deal and see what happens.
Thanks for everybody's input.
JS27

That's what I'd do