Main Menu

Cuda Shaker hood

Started by vinsar, January 18, 2019, 03:08:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

vinsar

Whats an original Cuda shaker hood and trim ring worth? they are both in perfect shape.

kathyscuda

ragtopdodge

Perfect?

You know for sure it's original?

If so, I'd say about $6k.

Market is down due to AMD repops.

vinsar

Yes it is original, I have had it a long time. I can't believe its worth that kind of money it is only the hood and trim ring, nothing else.

70 Challenger Lover

At the local Spring Fling show a couple years ago, a guy had a nice hood for 2k. It never sold.

cuda hunter

I see em on Craigslist from 2500 to 5000. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

vinsar

I can get a couple tomorrow...

aussiemark

Which hood would be more common on a 440-6 Cuda the shaker or the twin scoop?

anlauto

I think the days of $6000 - $10000 shaker hoods are long gone.....$3500-$4000 MAYBE if you're lucky  :alan2cents:

Obviously the twin scoop hood came on more V-Code cars than a shaker hood.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

post it on craigslist for 7500 and wait patiently by the phone.

vinsar

I'm not looking to sell it, I was discussing my car with a few friends and in conversation was told that the hood was worth a good amount. I know E body stuff is pricey but I didn't think something like that would be worth anywhere near the prices that I have seen in the comments to my post.

vinsar

Cody, I am computer challenged so if you give me an email I will send you a couple pics of the hood...

aussiemark

Quote from: anlauto on January 18, 2019, 06:47:59 PM
I think the days of $6000 - $10000 shaker hoods are long gone.....$3500-$4000 MAYBE if you're lucky  :alan2cents:

The reason I ask is you just don't see many V code Cuda's with the twin scoop hood, surely they couldn't all be converted to shaker hoods, mine has the twin scoop and I'm happy to leave it alone I'd rather keep it original and save the money or spend it elsewhere.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: aussiemark on January 19, 2019, 08:44:22 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 18, 2019, 06:47:59 PM

The reason I ask is you just don't see many V code Cuda's with the twin scoop hood, surely they couldn't all be converted to shaker hoods, mine has the twin scoop and I'm happy to leave it alone I'd rather keep it original and save the money or spend it elsewhere.

It wouldn't surprise me if many were. Everyone wants a shaker hood it seems. One of my Challengers is a JH car with a flat hood. When I google search images of JH Challengers with flat hoods, it's very hard to find any modern photos of them. I rarely see the flat hoods at the Mopar shows as well. Seems like they all get switched out to a performance hood of one kind or another. I've seen a few six pack cars on the Internet with (non original to the car) shaker hoods so it must be one of those upgrades that is not only common but also generally accepted.