Main Menu

Cuda Shaker hood

Started by vinsar, January 18, 2019, 03:08:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Popular mod for sure especially on Cudas. The Challenger rally hood is already pretty nice but I think the Cuda really benefits from a shaker.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 20, 2019, 08:53:32 AM
Popular mod for sure especially on Cudas. The Challenger rally hood is already pretty nice but I think the Cuda really benefits from a shaker.
:iagree:

Both E Bodies look amazing with a shaker but the Challenger Rallye looks almost as good as the shaker. Not so much for the twin scoop.

Fastmark

I guess everyone has a preference but I love my AAR hood. Working on two shaker hood cars was a pain in the arse. Everything has to come off to work on the car. The coolest is a lift off hood car. No hood to bump my old bald head. Lol!

RUNCHARGER

I always keep a 1/4 drive setup in the glovebox too in case of fire. A definite worry with any car but especially inconvenient with a shaker.
Sheldon

fc7cuda

The look of the shaker hood is worth the hassle.  :alan2cents:

ScottSmith_Harms

In today's market I'd put an original (in EXCELLENT condition, no rust, no repairs, all original trim ring studs intact, etc.) at $3,000-$4,000.00. I know I'd pay that if I were looking. If it were a Challenger hood I'd add $1,000.00 to those numbers.  .02

js27

I have to agree that I have never seen in person a real 70 440+6 Cuda with a rally hood. They all had shakers. Now 70 Challenger's 440+6 that I have seen in person all had Rally Hoods.
JS27

cuda hunter

Is that why the challenger hood is valued higher from Scott?  Because less challengers had shaker hoods? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

@cuda hunter  It is my understanding that the shaker hood for a challenger was on back order for several mounts, and were only available in early and late production in 1970.  :alan2cents: 

318Stroker

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 22, 2019, 06:27:34 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 20, 2019, 08:53:32 AM
:iagree:

Both E Bodies look amazing with a shaker but the Challenger Rallye looks almost as good as the shaker. Not so much for the twin scoop.

Amen to that! I'd love to put a Shaker on my Challenger, but that would mean having to pull off the gorgeous R/T hood.

aussiemark

Quote from: js27 on March 14, 2019, 09:01:27 AM
I have to agree that I have never seen in person a real 70 440+6 Cuda with a rally hood. They all had shakers. Now 70 Challenger's 440+6 that I have seen in person all had Rally Hoods.
JS27
I have a original 440-6 Cuda with the ralley hood and I thought it was rare as well because most of the photos of cars on google and all the ones that come up for sale have shakers. Maybe when new the shaker didn't cost much extra so the people who ordered the 440-6 also ordered the shaker and the 440-6 cars with ralley hoods were probably sales bank cars delivered to the dealers and just sat on the lot until someone bought it. But they are out there because the shaker was only standard with the Hemi and the ralley hood was standard with the 440-6. Mine did come with the 4.10 Dana axle (only ratio available with the Torqueflite) and a ralley dash so I can't complain.

cuda hunter

@aussiemark
Did your car come with a build sheet?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

A lot of guys were scraping together enough money for insurance on these things and had to watch the option cost so they could afford the car. Some guys bought an automatic instead of a 4 speed to save on insurance too.
Sheldon

aussiemark

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 15, 2019, 06:23:55 AM
@aussiemark
Did your car come with a build sheet?
No build sheet it is all disassembled and I've checked everywhere it has the fender tag, VIN tag, door sticker and the partial VINs.