Main Menu

Dashboard - 1970 Challenger

Started by Gross Polluter, December 21, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gross Polluter

I have a spare original dash for a 1970 Challenger.  The vinyl has several large cracks so its probably not worth the effort to install as-is.  I seem to remember researching this a while ago and thought the value was around $100 as a core.  Is that about right? 

Its taking up a lot of space and I'm wondering whether whether I'd be losing anything if I just junked it.  The existing dash on my car is in about the same condition so eventually I'll need a core for a new one but I could just remove that one and send it.  About the only benefit I see in keeping it is so I could send it in for a new dash and not have any down time with my car.  Should I be thinking about this differently? 

Thanks!
1970 Challenger RT 383 auto Plum Crazy

2012 Challenger RT 5.7 6-speed STP (sold, sadly)

2020 Charger 6.4L Scat Pack

Topcat

Plan A: Keep it as a core. The steel frame is a value if you  ever decide you  need to do another dash. Wether it be a Cuda or  a Challenger.

Plan B: Sell it. Albeit Dave at Roseville Moparts would give you a reasonable offer for it.

Cudakiller70

Welcome Gross polluter  :cheers: perfect name! Welcome from another Krazyfornian

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
Love the user name !!

RUNCHARGER

As long as the frame isn't rusty it has value.
Sheldon

nsmall

Ultimate Rides gave me a 175??? for a core credit.  Maybe it wasnt $175.  The point is, if you know anyone buying a dash from Ultimate Rides he deducts 175ish if you dont have a core so hang it up high in your garage as it has value.

Thanks for signing up.

Spikedog08

Last I knew Dave at Roseville gives $100 . . Certainly don't throw it out!   :stop: 

:welcome:  Welcome to the site!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

I bought a dash that looked like that a few months ago for 100 bucks.  Plus shipping.   

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

welcome to the forum @Gross Polluter   :welcome:   :banana:  The core should be worth $100 to $125 pretty easy.  I would definitely hang on to it.

Gross Polluter

Thanks for all the feedback and welcomes! 

I guess because I already have a "core" existing on my car I thought maybe the spare was expendable since its hard to see me buying more than one dash.  But it sounds like folks are saying it does have some re-sale value on its own...  Maybe you'll see a listing here at some point in the future.

Glad folks like the username!  In this crazy State the gov't actually has a formal definition for the term.  Can't make this stuff up...  Anyway, I'll create a proper post in the Intro section when I have a few minutes.

Cuda Cody

Also, the speaker grille cover (if in good shape) can got for an extra $35 to $65 or more.  1970 Challenger is a 1 year only speaker cover.   :alan2cents:

Gross Polluter

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 21, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
Also, the speaker grille cover (if in good shape) can got for an extra $35 to $65 or more.  1970 Challenger is a 1 year only speaker cover.   :alan2cents:

I wondered about that, thanks.  If I recall the cover is actually blue and painted black...  Since we've come this far, does the "Challenger" badge have any value? 

CudaMoparRay

dodgemania

JS29

Keep it! not only down time but it's easier to remember where and how things go when you have the dash there ready to go. not months after you took it apart waiting to get the recovered pad back. and less likely to loose any parts. then sell the old dash pad after your done.  :alan2cents: Oh almost forgot  :welcome:                                     Mark.