Main Menu

Dashboard, door panels, center console, etc

Started by BAM, March 11, 2021, 09:50:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hello guys,

I need to purchase a complete interior for my 70 Challenger SE and I`m looking for recommendations on:

1. Dashboard - Not willing to send back any core or anything because the shipping is very expensive
2. Door panels - Looking for new front and rear panels, complete with the wholes for the manual windows and remote mirror
3. Center console for Auto transmission
4. All other plastic bits and pieces
5. Seat covers
6. Headliner for SE with everything it implies
7. Carpet
8. Seat backs
9. Whatever else is needed :)

71383bee

Quote from: BAM on March 11, 2021, 09:50:24 AM
Hello guys,

I need to purchase a complete interior for my 70 Challenger SE and I`m looking for recommendations on:

1. Dashboard - Not willing to send back any core or anything because the shipping is very expensive
2. Door panels - Looking for new front and rear panels, complete with the wholes for the manual windows and remote mirror
5. Seat covers
7. Carpet
8. Seat backs

That's a healthy (expensive!) list!  Especially for the SE parts as there are several items that are not reproduced and very hard and expensive to find. 

Some more info is needed:  Are you looking for original parts or NOS?  What color? Are you willing to use non 70 specific items (dash, console, & seats are different)?  Does the car have AC (different dash pad)? Basically what is a must have versus I can live with that. 

I have...a pristine 71-74 non ac black dashpad and a complete set of original black front and rear door panels I am going to be selling over the next year.  Also have a set or original a pillar moldings too.  Let me know. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

BAM

Quote from: 71383bee on March 11, 2021, 10:29:23 AM
Hello guys,

5. Seat covers
7. Carpet
8. Seat backs

That's a healthy (expensive!) list!  Especially for the SE parts as there are several items that are not reproduced and very hard and expensive to find. 

Some more info is needed:  Are you looking for original parts or NOS?  What color? Are you willing to use non 70 specific items (dash, console, & seats are different)?  Does the car have AC (different dash pad)? Basically what is a must have versus I can live with that. 

I have...a pristine 71-74 non ac black dashpad and a complete set of original black front and rear door panels I am going to be selling over the next year.  Also have a set or original a pillar moldings too.  Let me know.

Well, the car didn`t have AC originally but i`m gonna install one so i`m looking for a dash with AC holes and 3 speakers. Seat covers must be for the 70 as i like the style.

I`m not looking for NOS because there is nothing original left on my car but i want it to look as original as possible. I`m looking to buy everything new as i`m already about 50k in it so i might aswell move forward with everything being nice :)

71383bee

Quote from: BAM on March 12, 2021, 06:48:50 AM
Quote from: 71383bee on March 11, 2021, 10:29:23 AM
Hello guys,

5. Seat covers
7. Carpet
8. Seat backs

Well, the car didn`t have AC originally but i`m gonna install one so i`m looking for a dash with AC holes and 3 speakers. Seat covers must be for the 70 as i like the style.

I`m not looking for NOS because there is nothing original left on my car but i want it to look as original as possible. I`m looking to buy everything new as i`m already about 50k in it so i might aswell move forward with everything being nice :)

If your going to go with an aftermarket A/C then its easier to use their kits that mount under the dash.  To change to a factory a/c there are a bunch of parts that are totally different and not reproduced.  Not to mention the vent systems connects to an AC heater box which is completely different than a non-ac box.  There are additional holes in the firewall that are needed, trim, bezels, vents, ductwork, wiring, controls, etc.  Its not as easy as mounting the AC dash.  Just my 2 cents but if its not an ac car then I think its much easier and cleaner to go with a non a/c dash. 

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

anlauto

Just call up David or Jon and Roseville Moparts and enjoy our member discount....They sell a good chunk of your list in reproduction  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BAM

Will call them. The car has a new firewall for AC and i will go for a aftermarket unit. So i figure, i need all the AC vents in the dashboard. Needed to mention i live I'm Cyprus where summers are a bit rough and winters almost non existent 😀