Main Menu

Drum brakes master cylinder

Started by CudaMoparRay, December 04, 2019, 02:21:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Drum brakes master cylinder came from 1972 Plymouth 'Cuda, do not know if it's original or not but it looks in great condition.
Taken out when upgraded to front disc brakes
What's it worth? Thanks

6bblgt

yes, it appears to be original with the correct "use only J1708....." cap - probably correct for '71 also

what's stamped on the side?  :takealook:

CudaMoparRay

I will take a better picture of it in a minute :takepicture:

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 04, 2019, 03:28:44 PM
yes, it appears to be original with the correct "use only J1708....." cap - probably correct for '71 also

what's stamped on the side?  :takealook:

Even with better pictures I cannot discern any markings the blue and yellow plastic caps maybe from the new replacement and not germane to the original

JH27N0B

That's not an OEM Bendix MC.  The best thing to use to ID an original MC is the casting number on the bottom, which I don't see in your picture.  That part has a fixturing indentation and 2 pads on the bottom of the casting, which aftermarket MCs had but Bendix fixtured differently.
I've had an NOS original one advertised which you can reference.  As to value, I've had it advertised on several sites for some time with no interest, so not a high demand part even when NOS Bendix.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-misc-for-sale/9/nos-1971-1972-drum-brake-master-cylinder-3461182/11439/

CudaMoparRay

Thank you guys for your invaluable feedback
Looks like good ebay item for someone wanting to save money 💰 on a great functioning oem look-a-like