Main Menu

E Body Rally Dash ?

Started by anlauto, March 21, 2019, 10:49:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

One of my customers is looking to sell his spare 70-71 rally cluster....
What's a fair price to ask in USD ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

The last cluster I got which was a 72-74 without the lens or speedometer and did have the wiring harness cost me $250. 

I would definitely be interested in this 70-71 cluster when you figure out a price. :drinkingbud:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

js27

I think you could get $600 to 800 for it.
JS27

benlavigne

Was glad to pay 900$ canadian for one with a broken speedometer needle last year... About $700 US...
Not many nice ones available,

Ben

70 Challenger Lover

I've sold lots of these clusters in the past couple years on eBay. Both the earlier and later versions. If the bezel was there and in decent shape, I'd say 700 no problem. Without the bezel, $550. I'm not sure if it helped me get more or just brought about a quicker sale but I always tested everything so I could state working condition in the ad. I think that brought peace of mind to a buyer if nothing else. The other thing I always did was take 10 minutes to polish up the plastic lens. Having that look nice and clear always made for quick sales.

Bossgold

One other selling feature to think about is condition of the gauge faces. If there are any flaws/scratches/grime its hard to fix and even the needle color if faded doesn't help.  I send mine to Redline gauges and have gotten quotes to re-paint each gauge face and its a fortune. Protect the gauges with the plastic lens by making sure they stay in place

B5fourspeed

I paid 550 for one last year without the bezel. If the lens is not in good shape I would not paid more than 400.The repop len is almost 200 dollars.

70 Challenger Lover

That's why I polish them and specifically state that they aren't cracked. If I were buying a set, that would be one of the biggest variables.

erik70rt

Did you ever come up with a price?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

dodj

I sold a 70-71 five years ago for $650 usd if that helps.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

How much does the price drop when we start talking about a 1972-1974 Rally Dash ? This one has the wood grain panel with the four switches and corner panel as well ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70 Challenger Lover

The 72-74 set ups are probably more like $500 if it's in decent shape, works, and has the Bezel.

Considering you are including the switch panel, that's definitely a $200 extra if sold with the cluster. $250-300 if sold alone. I'm not sure how the fourth defrost switch plays into values. I've only ever had the three switch panels. I'd say offhand, you could add an extra $50 to my figures, perhaps more?

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

So a complete 70 setup with 3 switch plate including switches, bezel and lens in pretty good condition should be near $1000?
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I'd say $700 in poor/ mediocre condition and definitely $1000 plus if it's pretty nice. If you clean up the lens and test that the gauges work, it makes it much easier to get that kind of money.