Main Menu

Emergency brake assemblies

Started by 71340RT, February 19, 2023, 04:43:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71340RT

I have 2 extra emergency brake assemblies. I don't know muck about them other than they came off 2 Challengers I parted out. One has a mounting stud broke off and the other one I was going to use and found it was wrong for my Cuda. Not sure what they are worth but will sell them both.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

anlauto

Well, they're both 1970 only, which is a little harder to find...will work 70-74 though... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moonshine_mike

Just to help me out, how can you tell that these are 1970?
Is there a stamping or construction identifier?

VCODE

Quote from: moonshine_mike on February 20, 2023, 09:29:42 AM
Just to help me out, how can you tell that these are 1970?
Is there a stamping or construction identifier?

There is a Date code stamped up by the unbroken stud area

anlauto

YES 1971-74's are totally different. They are wider overall, the cable just clips in and is not secured by that clasp and bolt set up, and the gear inside has the clevis attached for the cable, etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

moonshine_mike

Thanks for the great info.
I have reviewed a number of pictures and installations I have access to, and now see a clear construction differences that make it easy to spot between 1970 and 1973 vintage.
What I don't yet understand is that on some 1970 models there looks to be a date code on the pedal.
I have one with 6269 on the pedal, but nothing stamped on the metal near the firewall stud.
While I have two other 1970 installs that have no pedal numbers but both have '8800' stamped near the firewall stud.
It does have me perplexed.

anlauto

8880 could just be some sort of vendor identification number and NOT a date code