Main Menu

Help!!! Going to the spring fling tomorrow

Started by nsmall, April 13, 2018, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

So I am going to the spring fling and dont know what to expect.  I mainly want to unload the big items and let them go at a lower price vs the small items which I have room to store.

Could you guys let me know if you think any of my prices are unrealistic? Too high?  Too low?  I know I am on the higher end (vs Alan) but I would like to get some money back. 

I will number them if you could kindly chime in...

1. 72-74 barracuda pair of fenders AMD $700  a new pair is $1200
2. 72-74 barracuda driver quarter skin  AMD $225 a new skin is $380

3. 1973 air cleaner (with a filter) $125

4. 1973 340 exhaust manifold pair (comes with bolts) $300 

5. scoop inserts (with screws) for the pair $100

6. ABS Dash (not a metal frame) decent condition $200

7. OEM Radiator $150...think it's a 1976 A-body.   Has a tiny leak.

8. OEM Front bumper (real nice minus one scratch down low) $150

9. OEM Rear bumper with bumper brackets $70

10. OEM Rear bumper filler complete kit (not being reproduced) $125

11. OEM Front bumper reinforcement (not being reproduced) $25

12. Door handles $25 for the pair

13. AC heater box and AC compressor $200, or $160 for box and and $40 for the compressor.

14. Busted heater box with cables (all parts there to correct it) $75

THANKS

nsmall

Here are some pics of some items....

nsmall

More pics

nsmall

More....

nsmall

15. All 4 tires and rims and everything...$550

Rims and trim rings are reproductions.  15 inch rims.

Cuda Cody

If the dash pad looks good it should sell pretty fast and maybe a few other things too, but some of the stuff is just going to take the right buyer to sell it regardless of price.  I think you'll have about as good of chance getting stuff sold at Spring Fling as you will almost any other show in the world.  They have a good crowd and a lot of people there buy parts.  I know several people that are driving 14 to 18 hours (one way) with an empty truck just to buy parts.  Good luck and I hope it all sells.

RUNCHARGER

#4, #7 #12 may be a bit high but I may be out of touch. I think the rad will have to drop to move, the exhaust manifolds may be $100 high and the door handles may not sell at all. I may be wrong though. You can always drop prices to move stuff and I agree with Cody, some stuff needs the right buyer and won't sell sometimes whether it is right priced or not. Good luck with it all.
Sheldon

autoxcuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 13, 2018, 06:37:04 PM
#4, #7 #12 may be a bit high but I may be out of touch. I think the rad will have to drop to move, the exhaust manifolds may be $100 high and the door handles may not sell at all. I may be wrong though. You can always drop prices to move stuff and I agree with Cody, some stuff needs the right buyer and won't sell sometimes whether it is right priced or not. Good luck with it all.

I agree.

-Manifolds are log type and IIRC, the same as 73 360 C-bodies.... $150 asking

-26" Radiator core is like $50 asking. Maybe more if numbers are for 76 360 car. Friend bought 031 1968 340 radiator for $75 at last show.

-A/C box $125 asking (sold a few at Fall Fling when Cody bought a truck bed full of stuff from me!)

-used small block A/C compressor w/o brackets $30 asking

-used starter $15 asking

-I think the air cleaner with the trap door is some 1972 340 model also. check at www.nicksgarage.com
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

nsmall

I made over $1000 and didnt sell anything I was expecting to sell besides the tires. 

I met @6bblgt  Mr Numbers

I met    /6challenger Mr Al (cant tag him as I cant figure out his username)

I met @autoxcuda Mr Spring Fling.  Thanks for helping me with prices at the meet as your prices helped moved some items.

All three were really nice and fun to talk to.  It was warm and lots of people in the swap meet area from 9-11 and then it was very slow.

It was easy to spot you as we all had our e-bodies.org shirts on.  I would have never met you guys today if it wasnt for our shirts.

Topcat

Starters aren't worth much because everybody thinks the high torque starters are the best way to go.

1. Cut the end of the pig tail just so you can get the connectors on.
2. Seen many members on CC.com showing trans bell housing damage from them before.
3. The noise isn't what some like when they start.

I have the early Powermaster starter that looks OEM.
Best of both worlds. It had additional windings. It'll start on a 120 degree day.

autoxcuda

Quote from: Topcat on April 14, 2018, 05:45:06 PM
Starters aren't worth much because everybody thinks the high torque starters are the best way to go.

1. Cut the end of the pig tail just so you can get the connectors on.
2. Seen many members on CC.com showing trans bell housing damage from them before.
3. The noise isn't what some like when they start.

I have the early Powermaster starter that looks OEM.
Best of both worlds. It had additional windings. It'll start on a 120 degree day.

Iirc, he got $20 for that used rebuilt stater.

Here's $26 new rebuilt in box...

Well sold. Good job 👍
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

autoxcuda

nsmall is sporting e-bodies.org logo !!

Cuda Cody

So incredibly cool!!!!   :banana:  I sooooo wanted to be there this year.  Just wasn't in the cards with work.  Really hoping to make Fall Fling.   :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for sharing the photo and stories.  Glad you got to meet some great people.  Spring Fling is a top notch show and swap.  :banana: