Main Menu

Is this car savable?

Started by cuda hunter, May 18, 2019, 06:43:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Or is it even worth being saved?  Or will it be worth it in ten years?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

:rebelflag"
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

:rebelflag"

DodgeGuy

We can save them....we can save them all.

:cheers:
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

cuda hunter

And the Jewel.

This car has vin tag, fender tag, door tag, body numbers.  Original usa car. 

cuda hunter

I must mention that I have been looking for a real black with red interior car for a long while.

I know everything is savable.  But this is just a gran coupe and I don't think I could ever get my money back on it.  Looks like I would be upside down before it even made it to my driveway.  But it's nice to have some sense thrown at me from yal.

Brads70

What kind of money is the seller asking?   If it's what you want and you have been looking for a long time.....

No M46 on the tag?  :Stirring: :D

340challconvert

I always want to save every e body I see.
Black w red is a nice combo and is a big block
Firewall looks decent
Will need floors, trunk, may be quarters.
Will definitely be a labor of love, but I would go for it! Especially if you can do some of the work.
I think you might regret not picking it up later. I would guess you might have some cuda parts hanging around u could use?

Just curious; what is the SBD? Car has a low sequence number.
Good luck with what you decide. :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

I've proven several times over that ANYTHING can be fixed, so that answers your first question, however your second question can only be answered by you.
The answer is pretty obvious if you just look at the dollar amounts, but it's your personal attraction that nobody can put a price on.

A 1970 383 2bbl auto Grand coupe in a great colour combo, fully restored to a number one type OE restoration might bring $45k-$50K  :dunno: and the restoration alone will cost twice that. :alan2cents:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: It needs everything, it can be done but it depends if it is important enough to you to commit to it.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on May 18, 2019, 08:11:21 PM
A 1970 383 2bbl auto Grand coupe in a great colour combo, fully restored to a number one type OE restoration might bring $45k-$50K  :dunno: and the restoration alone will cost twice that. :alan2cents:

The harsh truth. 

Rich G.

The body wouldn't scare me it's all the other missing parts that will add up real quick! And that's assuming you're doing all the work yourself.

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on May 19, 2019, 06:02:31 AM
The body wouldn't scare me it's all the other missing parts that will add up real quick! And that's assuming you're doing all the work yourself.

I was thinking the same thing, especially being a Grand Coupe too... :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Absolutely: There are no parts cars anymore. This one was one though.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I have another car that was every bit as bad as that car. It actually ran and drove when I got it and in my haste to buy it, I didn't examine it hard enough. Looking back, it wasn't worth the trouble but it is coming together now and will be great at some point. The metal alone for the car is well over 5k, probably double that but I'm afraid to add it up. And if I bought AMD like most folks do, then even more money. Thank god I'm not paying an hourly shop wage for the labor. Shops earn their money for sure.

If you are willing to take on the metal work yourself, and you actually like doing metal work like me, using metal that's affordable, then I think it's doable. Half the restoration costs are labor so if you do it yourself, you can keep your cost to the break even point of what you could recover if you sold the car after it was complete. Maybe. Not saying you should do it though. There's a lot of ifs in there and you would never be able to turn a profit on the car, you'd take it on because you love this particular car and love the work involved.