Main Menu

New guy on CC.com found an interesting car, looking for value help

Started by 1 Wild R/T, June 01, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Would be a cool car all restored, but $30k is way high imo.   :alan2cents:

On a LA car does END mean Third Shift?  I thought they didn't have 2 lines so unlike Hamtramck they did not use EN1 or EN2, they just used END.   :huh:

1 Wild R/T

Hey, I did it off memory & as I get older my memory has more flaws then facts.... 

Yeah Cuda's sell for more than Challengers but 30K is a serious reach IMO...

70/6chall

It has been to my understanding that END was end of codes. I also believe that LA only had one assy. line. My tag being very sparse in codes does have END. Take a look.       Thanks,   Al

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

70/6chall

Cole and I are in agreement. What do you guys think?      Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Yes, I think you guys are right about the END meaning end of the line.  1 Wild RT was decoding by memory which is super impressive!  But I think he just typed the wrong thing about what end means.     :console:  He still has a pretty near perfect record for helping people and being right.   :bradsthumb:

Quote from: 70/6chall on June 02, 2017, 07:25:05 AM

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 02, 2017, 08:02:44 AM
Yes, I think you guys are right about the END meaning end of the line.  1 Wild RT was decoding by memory which is super impressive!  But I think he just typed the wrong thing about what end means.     :console:  He still has a pretty near perfect record for helping people and being right.   :bradsthumb:

Quote from: 70/6chall on June 02, 2017, 07:25:05 AM

Hey, back in the late 80's & early 90's we had lots of decoding info that turned out to be not entirely correct... Some of that still bounces around in my head.... I'll try to do better in the future... Besides, you get what you pay for... :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha. I barely get by the 5th digit in the VIN before I lose interest. I always have to look everything up.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 02, 2017, 09:00:25 AM
Ha, ha. I barely get by the 5th digit in the VIN before I lose interest. I always have to look everything up.

Ya, my brain is weird, I've always absorbed technical stuff but I can't remember peoples names without putting in extra effort... Never could.... It's terrible & I've tried for years to change but it's just how I'm wired..... Friends have a nickname for me that might indicate I'm a Bot.... But I'm not... :haha:

RUNCHARGER

I do that too. I generally can remember old Mopar part #'s but never names of people. Some of it comes from remembering rail car #'s and Engine #'s from my 30 years of Rail Roading.
Sheldon

70/6chall

You know what guys, I don't think you should beat yourselves up, because you can't remember all codes or numbers on our cars. I just don't think we're wired that way. Hey, throw in all of the rest of non hobby stuff and we are lucky our brains don't explode from overload. We have to hit the books sometime, I think we do great for being human. Even at my age which I just turned 70, 6 mos. ago, heck I'd be damned lucky to remember my own street address. You guys are still young give yourselves credit.     Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

I'm 60 so I find as you get older you just have to remember what you want.
Sheldon

70/6chall

Amen, Sheldon, I've found that I've come to a point in my life where I've had my collection of Mopars, not a big collection but none the less enough to know that I found a manufacturer of a certain brand of car that I decided to enjoy. My SL6 '70 Challenger is really all I need to feel like part of this community of enthusiasts, it's like an old friend we've been together through everything and it has never let me down. It's funny I'm 70 and the Dodge is a 70 also, providence I don't know, maybe. I really don't think that I could keep up with a big collection of cars like a lot you guys. I'm satisfied. Thanks,   Al