Main Menu

On the fence/possibly selling 70 Challenger

Started by Dobbers70, July 01, 2023, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dobbers70

I haven't completely givin in yet, but I may be putting my 70 340 4 speed up for sale.
It's one of the funnest cars I've ever driven but it's causing ripples at the home front.
I'd like to get some input on what would be a fair asking price.
In the past month I've installed a whole new fuel system..including tank, lines, edelbrock pump, and edelbrock avs2 carb. It has a new alternator, starter, battery,trans mount, engine mounts, driveshaft ujoints, msd ready to run distributor,msd coil,msd wires, plugs. I have also bought all new break lines, wheel cylinders,and master cylinder but have not installed them yet. Will more than likely do the work before I sell.
I will post pics shortly but it is a 1970 challenger A66 340 4 speed. Engine is unfortunately not numbers matching but the rest is.

Dobbers70

Here's a few pictures.

anlauto

I would say in the $40k range  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dobbers70

It's definitely not a 40k car. Hard to tell with pictures
It was painted early 80s. I would say the condition would fall between good and fair. If you look close at right rear 1/4 you can see about size of a quarter starting to pop but that's the only spot.

RUNCHARGER

Hopefully it's worth what you just paid for it. I haven't bought a Challenger within the last year so I don't know what they're worth.
Sheldon

anlauto

If you're thinking $40K is too high, then I think you'll have no problem selling it in today's market.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mark_B

Great looking car, looks so good on those Cragars.

340's are super nice cars and they go around corners without to much fuss.

Hope you keep it.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

ragtopdodge

Hard to say.

That engine compartment going to hold it back some.

#s matching transmission?

THinking $35k if it is rust-free.

Skdmark

I'm in the 35k-40k camp.
Is the TA hood and spoiler OEM or repops?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Dobbers70

Yes it's a numbers matching trans. I found out the engine block in it is from a 70 Duster. It was all done in the early 80s.  I picked it up after it had been sitting since 96. Previous owner had it from 94 and then parked it after what he thought was a rearend going out. It was just a warn out trans mount and bad ujoints.
The hood is not a real TA hood.