Main Menu

Original Shaker Scoop Value?

Started by 716bbl, October 12, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

716bbl

What is the going price for an original Cuda/Challenger complete shaker scoop
these days?  Let say a 6bbl/six pack base plate?
All the pieces, less the hood and trim ring?
TIA

anlauto

ALL original parts, no reproduction would probably bring $3500 quick sale, $5000 long term.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

:iagree:  probably a little $ either way depending on condition.

Cuda Cody

Even with some good repops, the originals seem to bring strong money.   :bigmoney:  I think $3,500 would be a quick sale.

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2017, 05:05:10 PM
ALL original parts, no reproduction would probably bring $3500 quick sale, $5000 long term.... :alan2cents:

Less the hood?  The going price is $3500? Wow.

anlauto

Yea....I got one in my basement I should sell :wave:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kdcarman

RUNCHARGER

I wouldn't sell it Alan, Hopefully you'll need it some day for one of your own projects.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 15, 2017, 09:28:42 AM
I wouldn't sell it Alan, Hopefully you'll need it some day for one of your own projects.

It actually belongs to kdcarman's 70 440+6 Cuda.....I was just jabbing him  :pokeeye:

Although I still have the complete original set-up from the "World Famous Barrelcuda" including the hood  :)

E74cuda

If anyone is looking for a complete assembly, let me know. I have a few laying around.

71GranCoupe

I sold a complete original hemi setup a couple years ago. No hood or ring. Sent the guy pictures of every angle he wanted. Within minutes he said he would take it and made an offer of 5k and he would pay for shipping. The shipping to his standards was $500+. Did not bat an eye. When he got it, I made sure he was happy with the unit and being he has been in the hobby/industry for some time, said it was even better looking in person than the pictures portrayed. If parts are nice, buyers are there.  :cheers:

johnr

:bigmoney:   I'm getting started on parting out a '71 Cuda that is all OEM stuff. I am doing clean up & pictures for marketing, today. Original blue paint on the shaker hood & trim ring; Even appears to be original finish on the bubble. The base plate is for a single 4 brl. The air vent assembly is here, but I have yet to see the cable for it. I have not come across any of the gaskets, either. The air cleaner is here, too. I will know more late today. Interested parties ?

-- johnr --
--  johnr  --

xx88man

Quote from: johnr on January 14, 2018, 06:56:14 AM
:bigmoney:   I'm getting started on parting out a '71 Cuda that is all OEM stuff. I am doing clean up & pictures for marketing, today. Original blue paint on the shaker hood & trim ring; Even appears to be original finish on the bubble. The base plate is for a single 4 brl. The air vent assembly is here, but I have yet to see the cable for it. I have not come across any of the gaskets, either. The air cleaner is here, too. I will know more late today. Interested parties ?

-- johnr --

Parting out a '71 Shaker hood Cuda??   :crying:
Keep yer foot in it

fc7cuda

Quote from: johnr on January 14, 2018, 06:56:14 AM

-- johnr --

I'm sure there's several interested parties.  Are you planning to sell as a package or by the piece?

Any details on how you came about such a rare setup?

johnr

Helping out a friend; It is a salvage project. His father dismantled the car to give it a complete do-over. Unfortunately, he died some three years ago before he got very far on the project. I would just soon find a good home for the whole thing.

-- johnr --
--  johnr  --