Main Menu

SE door panels

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, October 14, 2017, 02:46:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

are SE door panels reproduced? Specifically all the little pieces like the inserts, carpet strips, reflectors, etc? Never see people looking for this stuff so I assume it is now. If not, what is a full set worth?

I have a pretty nice set front and rear that was given to me. Was going to use them in one of my cars eventually but if they are hard to get, I might sell them and put the money towards a repo set of standard panels since it's more correct in my non SE car.

Chryco Psycho

Nothing repro that I am aware of .

Roadman

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 14, 2017, 02:51:36 PM
Nothing repro that I am aware of .

:iagree:   :rebelflag"

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks...so if I put them up for sale, what would a reasonable price be for the full set? They aren't cherry but they are pretty nice, no scratches or cracks. Plastic is not brittle.

Roadman

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on October 15, 2017, 02:51:56 PM
Thanks...so if I put them up for sale, what would a reasonable price be for the full set? They aren't cherry but they are pretty nice, no scratches or cracks. Plastic is not brittle.

I think for all 4 pieces start at $1500.00.   :needphotos:   

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GrandpaKevin

Repro carpet panels are available, probably all made by Legendary.
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=12906&MakeId=7&ModelId=131

I'm told the lower red reflectors are the same as ones found on 69-73? Chrysler Imperials.

These SE type door panels are also found on 1971 Challengers with the cloth insert seat options and possibly with leather seats?

70/6chall

While browsing MCG not long ago and ran across an add for a set of SE door panels and back panels in black. They were in very nice condition for $1,600. I'm curious enough to go back and search for that add, just to see it again.         Thanks,   Al

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Looking.......looking.........there it is..................... :needphotos:  Actually I would be interested in how the carpet it attached to the door panel itself.......

anlauto

Just has tabs that go through slots in the plastic panel and bend over :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

1970 Dodge Challenger Carpet
Click image for a larger view
Side View Side View

1970 Dodge Challenger Door Panel Insert Set, SE only

Item Price: $30.95

Item Number: 12906
Notes: This item includes 2 door panel inserts and fits the SE model only

Proudly Made In The USA! Made In The USA
•Read More Details
•View Video
•Email This Item 
•View Install Instructions

So am wondering if these from Stock Interiors include the tabs.........if so then I could put them in/on my doors which do not have the carpet. but I do have the SE metal emblems at the arm rests......Then just get the reflectors....and am more stock...... :thinking:

GrandpaKevin

Here are the original lower door panel carpets on my 1971 R/T Challenger.

The carpet is glued to the cardboard, the cardboard has metal tabs that go through pre-cut slots on the door panel then bend down to hold it in place.