Main Menu

Rallye Dash (not a 70-71)

Started by 76orangewagon, April 07, 2017, 12:58:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

My 1971 Cuda currently has a Rallye dash which is not correct for the car. I am getting ready to send out a standard dash I picked up to have it restored and will be selling the Rallye dash once it comes back. Obviously it is not a desirable 1970-71 style but also does not have the seat belt indicator in the later years, it does have a 8000 RPM tachometer though. all the gauges except the clock work. I will be removing the switches but the wood grain bezel will be included. I see these all over the place for pricing on eBay but what is a realistic value that's fair ?   

JS29

dose it have the heater control and light bar with it. if so I might be interested.

erik70rt

That looks like an early '72 unit which did have the 8K tach.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

76orangewagon

Quote from: JS29 on April 07, 2017, 01:03:10 PM
dose it have the heater control and light bar with it. if so I might be interested.

The heater bezel has been modified but it can go with it, the light bar I need for the standard dash.

anlauto

The light bars are different between the standard dash (3 lights) and the rally dash (4 lights) :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on April 07, 2017, 04:13:17 PM
The light bars are different between the standard dash (3 lights) and the rally dash (4 lights) :alan2cents:

I will check to see what it has, but I have a feeling it has the standard 3 light bar. when I installed the rallye dash back in 1990 I don't think I ever swapped out the light bar.

So lets just assume that just the Rallye dash and bare switch bezel for the original "whats it worth" question.  :thankyou:

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on April 07, 2017, 04:13:17 PM

They are also different between 70 Challenger and all the other E bodies.
There's 4 different light bars.

Spikedog08

I'm gonna say $400-600 . . . more with the switches.   :twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Rallye  dashes are getting harder to find.  I do not recall seeing any for sale in 4 days at the swap meet.  Will there be a day someone repops a complete rallye dash?  All the gauges are already available plus the clear plastic cover lens and wood looking metal plate  so it's just about someone casting the the metal frame, right?

76orangewagon

Quote from: Spikedog08 on April 09, 2017, 07:45:29 AM
I'm gonna say $400-600 . . . more with the switches.   :twothumbsup:

Thank you, I was thinking $500 ....so its nice to see I'm in the ballpark. I bought a real nice bare switch bezel, so I need the switches. 

71GranCoupe

Last year, I sold a complete set up minus the dash wire harness for $1000. It had nice gauges, all worked and the the clocked was so-so. It had the switch setup and all the switches all in working condition. The large wood grain matched the switch corner quite nicely. The seat belt light was there and working. The heater switch bezel had the radio fader switch as well. Buyer was pleased as well

There was a complete 72-up set up at Spring Fling for a grand as well, and it even had the wire harness. Surprised no one made the guy an offer. :notsure:  I have picked up other items from the seller, and I am sure he would have taken less, I just didn't need one, oh, and it had an 8K tach.

I am sure some sell for more and many sell for less, thougth I would share just for a "price check"